PDA

View Full Version : How did Apple come up with the Sony/Nintendo statistic?

DesmoPilot
Sep 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
Seeing as how at last count, Nintendo alone has sold (and shipped many many more) 132 Million DS machines. Meanwhile, Apple says 120 Million iOS devices have been sold. Did they explain how they came up with this mind-bending statistic?

megamanbnmaster
Sep 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
maybe most nintendo ds and psp only sells like 4-5 games per system while iPod touch sells like 10+ games and has a lot more free games that people randomly download? I'm sure there's some Simpson's Paradox statistics in it where free trials or something are counted as well.

DesmoPilot
Sep 1, 2010, 04:08 PM
maybe most nintendo ds and psp only sells like 4-5 games per system while iPod touch sells like 10+ games and has a lot more free games that people randomly download? I'm sure there's some Simpson's Paradox statistics in it where free trials or something are counted as well.

Apple would have to count the free trials etc to even come anywhere near to beating Nintendo. Quite interested to see how they came up with this statistic.

pamon
Sep 1, 2010, 04:19 PM
i imagine apple has access to extensive market stats and so do sony/nintendo and it's a game back and forth to issue these types of statements.