PDA

View Full Version : The iPod Touch 4G is not called the iPod Touch 4G

adamran
Sep 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
FANTASTIC DEVICE/UPDATE, but, I notice on Apples site they only ever call it "iPod Touch", I cant see a mention of 4 or 4G, they did this on previous models right? This could cause confusion on what the general public call them (after more models come out without a version number).

dhlee528
Sep 1, 2010, 03:11 PM
FANTASTIC DEVICE/UPDATE, but, I notice on Apples site they only ever call it "iPod Touch", I cant see a mention of 4 or 4G, they did this on previous models right? This could cause confusion on what the general public call them (after more models come out without a version number).

G means Generation

it's easy to distinguish from other gen ipod touch

Biker
Sep 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
It's the iPod touch 4th generation, simple.

adamran
Sep 1, 2010, 03:19 PM
G means Generation

it's easy to distinguish from other gen ipod touch

It's the iPod touch 4th generation, simple.

Hi, I see no reference to this on the Apple site, they just call it "iPod Touch".

liamkp
Sep 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hi, I see no reference to this on the Apple site, they just call it "iPod Touch".
Its probably because they see no need for it, as it is easy enough to differentiate from all the other Touch's.

dhlee528
Sep 1, 2010, 03:25 PM

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

from here

* FaceTime requires fourth-generation iPod touch or iPhone 4 and a Wi-Fi connection for both caller and recipient.

iParis
Sep 1, 2010, 03:28 PM
The only times I have ever seen the Apple website specify a generation is on the refurb site.

rdowns
Sep 1, 2010, 04:42 PM
"iPod Touch".

touch
touch
touch

lower case t.

[/anal]