Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Now that the features of touch 4 have been revealed, what do you expect from 5th gen? I don't expect much, esp not the level between 3rd and 4th gens. Only thing I expect is 128gb capacity. This probably will end the ipod classic. Your thoughts?

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
I can't believe someone wants to start a thread on speculation of the 5G model. I am going to savor my 4G model and wait until next June or July before I speculate on a "new" model.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
It really depends on what consumers want.

Honestly at this point with the exception of adding some small new features to the actual OS and maybe improved cameras I can't see them doing much more to make this media device any better.

XT9116

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2008
I think next year will be another refresh year as opposed to complete redesign year.

I think the magic will be in iOS 5 instead of the design of the product.
What I would hope for, most importantly is new home screen Widgets. Then an enhanced way for notifications to alert you. I am thinking a new interface that is more revolutionary than evolutionary as it has been since iOS came out on the original iPhone.

The whole OS, has really remained the same since its introduction, obviously things have been added since then. Had they not included wallpaper support in iOS4, it would look much more similar. The core apps, i.e. Safari, Music, Photo, App Store, etc., etc., are practically the same as they have been since they were introduced.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'm definitely holding out until the 5g because ti will support Flash. Flash is like 80% of the web.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Right and the touch 4 will be more than powerful enuff to run iOS5. Only change I see with touch 5 is 128gb size

I think next year will be another refresh year as opposed to complete redesign year.

I think the magic will be in iOS 5 instead of the design of the product.
What I would hope for, most importantly is new home screen Widgets. Then an enhanced way for notifications to alert you. I am thinking a new interface that is more revolutionary than evolutionary as it has been since iOS came out on the original iPhone.

The whole OS, has really remained the same since its introduction, obviously things have been added since then. Had they not included wallpaper support in iOS4, it would look much more similar. The core apps, i.e. Safari, Music, Photo, App Store, etc., etc., are practically the same as they have been since they were introduced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.