PDA

View Full Version : Skype

nies
Sep 1, 2010, 04:39 PM
If i get the new ipod touch will i be able to skype with someone using skype from a pc?

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 04:40 PM
If i get the new ipod touch will i be able to skype with someone using skype from a pc?

you can already do that with the 3g...

Just download the Skype app, and off you go

nies
Sep 1, 2010, 04:41 PM
but will you be able to see each other, or just talk?

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 04:47 PM
but will you be able to see each other, or just talk?

You can only talk at the moment, but if Apple has been kind enough to put the front cam in the API, I'm sure the Skype developers will include video calling in the next update :)

nies
Sep 1, 2010, 04:48 PM
any idea how long til the next update?

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
any idea how long til the next update?

nope :(

sorry.

arn00
Sep 1, 2010, 07:46 PM

Probably not any time soon, however if someone jailbreaks the new ipod touch you can download an app on cydia called movicha, it supports video calls to desktop if they download a program for it, its not perfect but its the only app that does it at the moment.

hotchson
Sep 1, 2010, 11:20 PM
Probably not any time soon, however if someone jailbreaks the new ipod touch you can download an app on cydia called movicha, it supports video calls to desktop if they download a program for it, its not perfect but its the only app that does it at the moment.

for f!!k sake, its running iOS 4, the as iphone thus it should work without any problems.

To the person who considered Skype slow, they are not.