Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
This is the official thread for people with multiple AppleTV1's and need Netflix in a big way. How can Steve Jobs expect me to keep using my Xbox for Netflix?

reekster

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2003
Big Blue Marble
I don't see why they can't enable Netflix on the original Apple TV too. I've held out with this device anticipating Apple to upgrade the OS to something far more useful. I enjoy it for looking at photos on the big plasma screen and the occasional movie and You tube fun, but It'll really make me cranky if they leave the early adaptors in the waste bin.
Anyone got Steve's direct line? :D

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I have 2 appleTV's, and use them both every single day, for multiple hours a day.

Kids shows, and then TV shows, I have no use for satellite TV. The only time I am not on the AppleTV is when I have to turn on the xbox to use Netflix.

Now, alot of my AppleTV viewing is of shows I manually put into the itunes library, movie and TV shows converted to mp4, so if you're willing to go through the hassle of ripping your DVD seasons of shows or *whatever*, it's indispensable.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
How can he? Easy, he just did.

Steve's got an Easy button?

staples-easy-button.png

I wouldn't count on any software updates for aTV v1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.