PDA

View Full Version : How should I reply?

Freis968
Sep 1, 2010, 06:18 PM
I am selling a few items on craigslist and got this response...

I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, Pls do withdraw the advert from CL to avoid disturbance,anyway I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don't need to bother yourself with the shipment, I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a shipper, hence I'll be sending a Certified check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

Full name on the check.
Full Physical address to post the check
City, State and Zip Code
Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my shipper* to come over as soon as* you have cashed the check*
N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks

Mexbearpig
Sep 1, 2010, 06:27 PM
Scam. Ignore it. Or respond witty.

rdowns
Sep 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
Barrack Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500-0004
(202) 456-1414

Abstract
Sep 1, 2010, 06:38 PM
The next fake opportunity is yours.

Tell him you're a Nigerian prince and then give him a Nigerian address. :p

Ciclismo
Sep 1, 2010, 08:50 PM
It's a scam - when you cash the cheque your bank may credit your account for that amount, but the issuing bank itself can take up to 30 days (sometimes up to 50 depending on your local laws) to actually approve the cheque. If it bounces (because it is fraudulent or the account has no funds), then your bank will deduct the funds it had initially issued you and you are liable for it.

As the "buyer" has arranged for the goods to be collected by a courier or shipping company, you do not have the right to find out where the item has been shipped to, so you cannot stop the item when it is in transit nor can you track it and find the real recipient. The goods are effectively long gone before you even discover that you've been ripped off.

yojitani
Sep 1, 2010, 08:53 PM
I never ship anything I try to sell on craigslist. But yes, it's a scam. Ignore.

Ttownbeast
Sep 1, 2010, 10:15 PM
Agreed total scam, I used to keep a standard "go **** your self" business letter handy for such occasions as when I advertised for any business I did on Craigslist. Now that I am back in business again. I may consider drafting a new one since I plan on taking up the occasional space on their artist section again.