Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I cannot find mention of the STORAGE CAPACITY of the new Apple TV.

Anyone have a reference???

Thanks

SuperDaveInLA

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
Hollywood, CA
I have to admit, I was bummed w/ no storage as soon as it was announced. Even though I stream 90% of my media to the :apple:tv I still like the option to move stuff over to the harddrive so playback (ff and rw) are fast.

One question about the "no significant storage though" (and this is a hypothetical question that is really only relevant once more networks sign up for TV rentals): what if we want to rent multiple television shows over the week. IE load up our :apple:tv with everything we'd watch on cable over a week (hoping to one day cut the cable)?

I really wish they gave us an approximate idea ie :apple:tv can hold up to 8 hours of rented material.

I know that I can only rent things I intend to immediately watch - but in order for me to envision one day using :apple:tv as a cable alternative (not saying that's what apple intends it as) I really would like to use it like a DVR. Buy season passes of rentals for shows I like. So every week I've automatically rented everything I want to watch. If it has no storage - I'm not really sure I see this ever happening.

Pretty underwhelmed by everything today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.