PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a jailbreak for the Nano?

readerbreader
Sep 1, 2010, 07:32 PM
i know you probably couldn't do it from the device, but from a program on the computer?? hmm?

fs454
Sep 1, 2010, 07:57 PM
Considering it runs iOS and has a dock connector, yes, but it lacks internet connectivity so I'm not sure what else you'd want to put on there. Maybe a hack to enable video playback, but not sure what else.

AaronE
Sep 1, 2010, 08:48 PM
I guess it's possible, but maybe only for themes and software tweaks because I don't see many apps running on it.

Armeniandave
Sep 1, 2010, 10:02 PM
I hope so for no other reason than just because
you can! Jailbreak every iOS device!!

TMar
Sep 1, 2010, 10:11 PM
Considering it runs iOS and has a dock connector, yes, but it lacks internet connectivity so I'm not sure what else you'd want to put on there. Maybe a hack to enable video playback, but not sure what else.

Nothing indicates that it runs anything other than a very stripped down version of iOS if it runs it at all and not it's own version. And really, what's the point? The screen size would make all current apps incompatible and it's not like there's a bunch of developers jumping on the jailbreak scene recently. We are losing far more then we are gaining..

Applejuiced
Sep 1, 2010, 10:14 PM
Nothing indicates that it runs anything other than a very stripped down version of iOS if it runs it at all and not it's own version. And really, what's the point? The screen size would make all current apps incompatible and it's not like there's a bunch of developers jumping on the jailbreak scene recently.

I agree.
Do what with it?

NT1440
Sep 1, 2010, 10:16 PM
IT DOES NOT RUN iOS.

Bolded in case anyone missed it.

Arisian
Sep 1, 2010, 10:18 PM
I just want to be able to use it on other carriers.

Applejuiced
Sep 1, 2010, 10:19 PM

LMAO :D

TMar
Sep 1, 2010, 10:22 PM

Did I mention it's great to have you back yet?

Carlanga
Sep 1, 2010, 10:28 PM
IT DOES NOT RUN iOS.

Bolded in case anyone missed it.

I guess this is the new 'caps lock' then ;)

JB to run other watch faces! is that a Breitling? lol jk only!

NT1440
Sep 1, 2010, 10:29 PM
I guess this is the new 'caps lock' then ;)

You son of a -
:p

boshii
Sep 1, 2010, 10:32 PM
saurik posted this when it was announced

iThinman
Sep 1, 2010, 10:38 PM
I would be much more interested in a jailbroken apple tv

:eek:

TMar
Sep 1, 2010, 10:38 PM
With a ? on the end of that sentence. I'm pretty sure he was making a haha funny funny aka joke..

Applejuiced
Sep 1, 2010, 10:39 PM
I would be much more interested in a jailbroken apple tv

:eek:

Or a JB Time capsule?

NT1440
Sep 1, 2010, 10:42 PM
saurik posted this when it was announced

Jobs also said "so thats the new ipod touch (realizes mistake) er, nano" after he demoed it.

Why do people think that companies are made of people who don't make mistakes?

From Ars: "An Apple spokesperson told me that the new iPod nano does not run iOS and that you can't sync apps to it—it only looks like iOS"

Arisian
Sep 1, 2010, 10:48 PM
Or a JB Time capsule?

Forget all that, I just want to JB my MBP.

readerbreader
Sep 1, 2010, 11:05 PM
well...i can see that this has become one big joke. i just wanted...well I'm not even sure. it was just a question. but a theme or two would be cool...

Arisian
Sep 1, 2010, 11:08 PM
well...i can see that this has become one big joke. i just wanted...well I'm not even sure. it was just a question. but a theme or two would be cool...

Hey, don't take it personally... this is the internet, plus, making jokes was waaay more fun that discussing the original topic.

Palomonkey71
Sep 1, 2010, 11:09 PM
The nano doesn't seem like enough to make jail breaking really worth it...

Krafty
Sep 1, 2010, 11:17 PM
I just want to see the look on Steves face if it does get jailbroken.

The General
Sep 1, 2010, 11:31 PM
Maybe a hack to enable video playback, but not sure what else.

It doesn't have video playback?? This is definitely a downgrade from the last version, which had video playback AND a video camera.

Arisian
Sep 1, 2010, 11:34 PM
It doesn't have video playback?? This is definitely a downgrade from the last version, which had video playback AND a video camera.

why add it when hackers can do the work for you?