Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
I have a deal to buy an iPod tomorrow that I want to make good on, though I'll likely end up just selling it as I'm satisfied with my current iPod. With that in mind, do you think I should buy a last gen Nano while I still can, or pick up a Classic? Which will I be able to get a better price for? Do you think the old Nano will go down in value now that the new one is out, or will it be worth more as it becomes hard to get? Or am I better off just getting the Classic?

Thanks for your thoughts!

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
the price will stay probably the same for a few months. It really depends if you want to carry your whole music collection with u. Nanos are cool cuz you can slip them in your pocket without even noticing them.

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
I have an ipod classic because I love to carry my entire collection with me, but today I just picked up a 5g nano (don't like the new ones). I really love the classic, but I hate to leave it in the car (115F heat) and it bulges out of my pant pocket if I take it everywhere with me. The nano is great because it is so slim and you can take it everywhere without noticing it too much..plus it has a radio, video recording, pedometer, etc. The only downside for me is that I can't carry my entire collection, but 16 gb still gives me a lot of variety. Go for the 5g nano!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.