Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

231933-photo_500.jpg

Apple has posted the full stream for today's Media event. While the stream had been available for Mac OS X 10.6 and iOS users immediately after the broadcast, it is now provided in multiple formats that can be viewed cross platform on both Windows and Mac.

Apple introduced a number of new products which we covered earlier today:

- Apple Announces All New iPod Models: Shuffle, Nano, and Touch
- Apple Introduces Updated Apple TV
- Apple Releases iTunes 10 With 'Ping' Social Networking
- Apple Announces Pending Release of 4.1 and 4.2 Preview

Article Link: Apple Posts September Media Event Video Stream in Multiple Formats

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
This was smart of them to release it for windows also. I just wish they had streamed it live to Windows for those of who were at work/school and are using Windows.

LondonCentral

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Ooo they left in the part where Chris Martin says '*****' and '***** it'...

...I was not warned about such profanities...I'm quite distraught here, time to write a letter of complaint.:p

Seriously, I think Apple TV is pretty cool having watched the demo. Do you think Ping will eventually include tv shows and movies and be on Apple TV also?

Gata

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
The date was so convenient. Getting my mac sometime in the next few days (before tuesday), and I'll be able to get a brand-new iPod Touch! :D

Is there any way to download the stream to your hard drive?

SParis

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2003
On iTunes

It's also available on iTunes in the Podcast section, for those you like to preserve the keynotes on their computer and not waste bandwidth by downloading them over and over again. ;)

Fickle Dickory

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
Lilburn GA
Derp

Is it because I'm using Chrome? I don't even have Safari on my computer anymore, so I guess I'll just wait until it's on iTunes.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 11.59.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 11.59.01 PM.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 91

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
I hope for Apple, that "Ping" uses strong encryption (SSL 3.0 or TLS). Otherwise the advertised "privacy" would be easy to break in open network areas, like Wi-Fi hotspots.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
They cut out the part with Chris Martin :(

EDIT: Nevermind, they only cut that part out in the podcast version. Wonder why.

laxlaxlax

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone have the direct download link for the podcast? For some reason it won't download. It tries to connect to the itunes store but then times out.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Is this a joke? I clicked on the link included in the front page and a WWDC 2009 video came up. WTF?!

And, before you ask, no, I it's not a cache problem. How utterly bizarre.

300wi9y.png

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
This was smart of them to release it for windows also. I just wish they had streamed it live to Windows for those of who were at work/school and are using Windows.

Broadcasting streams of a live event doesn't scale easily. As it was, on my fast connection, the stream was very high quality, but near the end it broke down. With ten times the number of computers, that would have screwed it all up. Before this, they hadn't provided a live stream for four or five years at all. Now the Apple people got it.

wetnap

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2008
Does anyone have the direct download link for the podcast? For some reason it won't download. It tries to connect to the itunes store but then times out.

It does this for me as well:(
itunes doesn't even show a working progress bar, just the animation barber pole at the top, it downloads a bit into the directory, a couple hundred megs and fails:(
wtf apple.
i used revo uninstall to remove itunes to totally clean config and reinstalled, same bs happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.