PDA

View Full Version : Still hope for 5" Touch/Pad?

feflower
Sep 1, 2010, 11:34 PM
I knew that there was no possibility for news of a larger touch or smaller pad today; but do any of you think that some of the rumors might be true and Apple will reveal a 5 or 7 incher in the next few months?

I'm doing graduate work, and I'm going to the field next spring and a 5 incher would be perfect to write short notes, record interviews and READ articles.

I almost ordered the new touch but I'm glad I didn't because I know that reading on it will be a pain. And for those who tell me to get an iPad: it is really too big for me to pull out conveniently and type or record in the field. I really want it to be discreet.

The General
Sep 1, 2010, 11:46 PM
No, probably not.

MindsEye
Sep 2, 2010, 05:20 AM
I knew that there was no possibility for news of a larger touch or smaller pad today; but do any of you think that some of the rumors might be true and Apple will reveal a 5 or 7 incher in the next few months?

I'm doing graduate work, and I'm going to the field next spring and a 5 incher would be perfect to write short notes, record interviews and READ articles.

I almost ordered the new touch but I'm glad I didn't because I know that reading on it will be a pain. And for those who tell me to get an iPad: it is really too big for me to pull out conveniently and type or record in the field. I really want it to be discreet.

We're in the same boat, I love my 2g touch reading certain things like comics is okay but things like browsing is a chore. I was waiting for the new 4g ipod touch but im going to hold of purchasing it until around jan/feb to see wether apple will indeed release a 7 inch ipad.

Unfortunatley i cant see them releasing a 5 inch model but there seems to be a growing market for 7 inch tablets and hopefully Steve Jobs obsession with smallness and thinness rears its head and apple follow suit.

WLS
Sep 2, 2010, 06:02 AM
Probably this thread belongs in the iPad group. Apple disappointed with the new Touch but I understand why. They want to keep the Touch's features limited for cost reasons. The Touch is as large as it ever will be and a larger screen device will more properly be a type of iPad. The size is debatable but the rumors point to a seven inch device as most likely and that is the size most of the other tablet wannabees are choosing. Apple needs a smaller iPad product just to keep market share in the tablet niche. I saw a physical comparison of the 10 inch iPad with a possible 7 inch device and the difference is marked so it may actually fit in most coat pockets and cargo pants. We can only hope.

Wallace2
Sep 2, 2010, 02:19 PM
I can see a 7" model coming later this year or early next year.

WLS
Sep 2, 2010, 03:21 PM
I can see a 7" model coming later this year or early next year.
I hope so to! It would explain the rumors both of a 7 inch iPad and a new iPad commng since a 7 inch model would be the new iPad. I expect the current iPad not to see a refresh for another year. I had hopes for the Touch but Apple has made it clear that it will be cheaper and less featured than the iPhone with a younger target market.