PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling may iPod touch 3G

ipodtouchcanada
Sep 1, 2010, 11:41 PM
It's a 32 gb with personal engraving, I got it last september. What should I do with it because I want the new iPod. Sell it? Return it to apple?

Abscissa
Sep 1, 2010, 11:50 PM
I don't see the point of keeping it...If mine sells then I'll be getting a new Touch.

GCY
Sep 1, 2010, 11:51 PM
how do u return something after a year? :confused:

Code.Red
Sep 1, 2010, 11:54 PM
Apple won't take a return because of the engraving, and the engraving has also greatly reduced the value of it if you were to sell it (via ebay or craigslist, etc), but that is pretty much your only option.

Abscissa
Sep 1, 2010, 11:58 PM
how do u return something after a year? :confused:

I was wondering how he was going to manage to do that too...

Apple won't take a return because of the engraving, and the engraving has also greatly reduced the value of it if you were to sell it (via ebay or craigslist, etc), but that is pretty much your only option.

Yeah mine is on Craigslist, and some dude was like $150, and I said no. Then he said $200 but I didn't have my laptop for a day so I didn't respond and I told him yes. $200 is reasonable IMO with a new one for $100 more...but he hasn't responded today...

But what's probably a good price? Mine is $200 with a case and screen protector, head phones, and cord. It's in good condition. And craigslist has new rules and techniques to regulate double posting lol so I can't repost :(

fashi0nless
Sep 2, 2010, 12:01 AM
woah. my 8GB just sold and it had engraving on it with minor scratches on the back due to the snap-on case i had on it. only included the case and usb w/ the iPod...
sold for $99...not bad.

Vesuvio Cat
Sep 2, 2010, 12:03 AM
how much should an un-engraved, very good condition 64 GB 3rd gen go for?

SlamJam12
Sep 2, 2010, 12:15 AM
Apple has the Recycle program. If you trade-in your iPod Touch at an Apple Store, in any condition, you can 10% off your next purchase of a new iPod.

Abscissa
Sep 2, 2010, 12:30 AM
Apple has the Recycle program. If you trade-in your iPod Touch at an Apple Store, in any condition, you can 10% off your next purchase of a new iPod.

On there site there is NO option for trade in estimation on the site for devices, only mac. And as always, trade ins are never worth it. My macbook is trade in valued at $375 and I've posted it on craigslist (testing waters) and gotten multiple $550+ offers. Best buy values my ipod at 80 dollars for a gift card, and $55 for a check. what a deal!

jbrettz
Sep 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
I just sold my 2nd gen Ipod Touch, 8g for $120 on Craigs list last weekend. I had offers from $75 to the $120. I listed it for $130. Sold it in three days.
I'm happy, wanted to sell it before the new announcement.

Brett