Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Hi All,

I have received my new Ristretto for iPad bag just yesterday. It is perfect.

1) Big quality is of the highest standard.
2) Bag looks great.
3) iPad fits in nicely without taking the case off. Feels very secure with additional flap that tucks the iPad in.
4) Bag is small, but just big enough to fit some additional items.

So far so good. I'll write a more detailed review after I have been using it a while.

I went for the Olive Cayenne color.

See link below. There are also a few reviews on Youtube if you want to look at the bag closer.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/IPAD/TB0222

Attachments

• ipadristretto5.jpg
    ipadristretto5.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 321

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
Conincidentally my cocoa and cayenne Ristretto arrived yesterday too, just in time for a trip I'm taking. I agree with everything you've said. It really is a top notch bag. Delivery time was fast from the US to the UK too. I got the more expensive shoulder strap which I would definitely recommend.

It holds a huge amount for such a small bag. I've been able to fit my iPad in it in either a Vaja Retro Slim Jacket or an Otterbox Defender (not tried my Dodocase). At the same time I was able to get my iPhone 4 in an Otterbox Defender, a Canon S90 camera, a Panasonic HDC-SD9 camcorder with wide angle lens, Sennheiser PX 200-II headphones, an iGo Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, some sunglasses, assorted cables, batteries and adpaters, a pen, my wallet and travel documents in it. That's everything I need in my hand luggage for the trip which is very impressive and just what I want.

I just have to get past the idea I have a hand bag. At the moment I'm mentally calling it my Chewbacca bag :)

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I'm rather tempted having read both mini reviews above - looks and sounds like a very practical travel solution for the iPad. Phil, I don't suppose you'd care to share the price delivered to the UK - including duty/VAT? PM if you prefer. Thanks.

pm41m

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Can one of you kind folks with the Ristretto for iPad, please measure and report on the dimensions of the iPad compartment?

The 7.59" width on the Tom Bihn website doesn't seem correct as it is just a bit wider than the iPad itself (7.47").

The website shows the compartment dimensions as 10.86" x 7.59" x .98".

I want to buy an iPad folio case that will fit in the compartment.

Thanks in advance.

makcpa45

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Ristretto measurements

Can one of you kind folks with the Ristretto for iPad, please measure and report on the dimensions of the iPad compartment?

The 7.59" width on the Tom Bihn website doesn't seem correct as it is just a bit wider than the iPad itself (7.47").

The website shows the compartment dimenstions as 10.86" x 7.59" x .98".

I want to buy an iPad folio case that will fit in the compartment.

Thanks in advance.

I did a quick measurement and it seems the width is closer to 9". My ipad in the Apple case fits. It is snug but fits fine.

Mike

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for posting the link. Still happy with your purchase 6 months down the line - apart from the dirt issue?

I actually returned it before my 60 day window expired. It's a nice bag, but at the time I ended up not really needing a bag like that and since it wasn't exactly cheap I decided to return it. I kind of wish I would have kept it or maybe traded it in for another color, but I ended up getting a good deal on a Timbuk2 gift card so I got BYOB XS Classic Messenger.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Can anyone comment on rain resistance of the bag?

I haven't been out in the rain with it but I would say it would be a little water resistant however I wouldn't want to get caught in a serious heavy shower with it. You may want to have a look at the Tom Bihn Website and see if there is any info there as there is a lot of additional comments and they have their own forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.