PDA

View Full Version : Which iPod Touch should I go with?

whoshishui
Sep 2, 2010, 07:44 AM
Hello, Guys

I was planning to just buy a 8GB iPod Touch 4 when it came out. But after today's event, Jobs shows the HD recording, A4 chip and amazing display, I am thinking maybe I should go with 32GB.

So please provide some suggestion. Especially if you can, please provide space quota for apps, photos, music, videos and others.

BTW, how much space normally iOS itself will take?

Thanks,

Josh0806
Sep 2, 2010, 07:52 AM
Go for the 32. The way that storage is counted and the space that ios 4 takes up, you're only left with 6 and half gigs when you think you're getting and 8 gig, and that gets filled up first. I think the 32 is the sweetest deal.

whoshishui
Sep 2, 2010, 08:03 AM
Go for the 32. The way that storage is counted and the space that ios 4 takes up, you're only left with 6 and half gigs when you think you're getting and 8 gig, and that gets filled up first. I think the 32 is the sweetest deal.

Thanks for info.

Here is my basic estimation is:
1G for Videos;
2G for PodCast;
2G for Music
1G for Photos
Rest for base iOS and apps.

So do u think that can fit fine onto 8G model or in another way how much space really base iOS will need and how many apps can 1G or 0.5G take?

macabouttobe
Sep 2, 2010, 02:23 PM
Ordered the 32 gig right after the keynote. I thought a 16 would be a little more ideal and do-able with some space/file management.. The video capabilities and my son's general lack of experience on managing files I figured it's safe to go large right now... I know he'll be going berzerk on the games and music too. I feel it will all comfortably fit in the 32. And if it fills up, he'll learn to figure out what should be deleted etc which is not necessarily a bad thing. I do know there are some people wishing for 128gig, but I can't imagine (besides syncing ALL of my photos, music, apps, and tossing in a few movies) needing that much.. Sorry I can't offer some empirical data on the sizes of average movies, I'm sure MRGOOGLE or Google will have something out there on it. All I had to go off of was my wife's 8 gig iphone that - with some movies on it would be filling up. 64gig pushed it into what I would consider close to the iPad budget space at my household..

qwerty808
Sep 2, 2010, 03:41 PM
i intend to shoot longish vids with the camera, so 64 gig is almost a prerequisite. was getting by with 32 on the 3g. My 64GB will prolly look like:

25GB music
15GB iTunesU
5GB movies
5GB apps
15GB camera vids

THE dAY
Sep 2, 2010, 03:44 PM
keep in mind that 1 hour of video recording takes up more than 4gigs of space.

I'd definitely recommend at least the 32gig model

whoshishui
Sep 2, 2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all your suggestion.

I am going with 32GB model. :):):)

battlekid
Sep 2, 2010, 04:34 PM
Heres my 32gig thoughts (based on my experiences with a 3g itp 32gb);

5gb apps for me= bunch of apps (250+):eek:

10GB music= around 2000:confused:? songs. IDK exactly the amount.

1gb= one movie. I've got a few. maybe 9gb worth.

photos= IDK. Not too much, but still a bunch (plan on leaving a gig at least for photos)

In all, a 32gb will work best unless you want to load it up with 20 videos, 4000 songs, 10gb :eek: apps, etc....

theanimala
Sep 2, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have been saving up apple gift cards for the past year and have $300 saved up so I was going to go for the 32Gb unit for "free". But I'm wondering if it will be worth $100 to get the 64GB. I already have an 80GB Classic with all of my music, and I do have a 16GB iPad, wondering if I really need those extra 32GB... Damn decisions, decisions.

I would hate to run out of space, but I'd also hate to look in itunes and see only 20GB used of 64GB 2 years from now.

pcuser94
Sep 3, 2010, 01:19 AM
I have been saving up apple gift cards for the past year and have $300 saved up so I was going to go for the 32Gb unit for "free". But I'm wondering if it will be worth $100 to get the 64GB. I already have an 80GB Classic with all of my music, and I do have a 16GB iPad, wondering if I really need those extra 32GB... Damn decisions, decisions.

I would hate to run out of space, but I'd also hate to look in itunes and see only 20GB used of 64GB 2 years from now.

since it is only a $100 upgrade if i were you i would go with the 64GB.
i ordered the 32GB simply because if i were to order the 64GB i would have gotten an innsufficent funds message back.