Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I just ordered the nano 5th gen. I'm not sure what to do with my 3rd gen.

The case is very scuffed, but the screen is in perfect shape. Would I get anything for it on Craigslist? I don't feel like dealing with ebay.

Any other unique ideas are welcome. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
When Steve Jobs was giving a quick run through of the Nano's history he said something along the lines of
"First gen- wow thin!
Second gen- we made it a bit better!
Third gen-
Fourth gen- we gave it a bigger screen"

To a collector it might be worth something, but to Joe Public I doubt you'd get much. My Mini, my fathers 1st gen Nano and my sisters 2nd gen Nano didn't fetch much. Around £40 each infact. I would hold onto it.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
I just ordered the nano 5th gen. I'm not sure what to do with my 3rd gen.

The case is very scuffed, but the screen is in perfect shape. Would I get anything for it on Craigslist? I don't feel like dealing with ebay.

Any other unique ideas are welcome. ;)

You could always recycle it with apple and get 10% off your new one (if you wanted to buy it in the store instead)

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
You could always recycle it with apple and get 10% off your new one (if you wanted to buy it in the store instead)

I bought the yellow one online at Apple. They already moved them to "refurbs." The brick and mortar store were still asking full price.

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Japan

Is that true for all iPods, working or not? I have a beautiful but dead 2nd gen (touch wheel) iPod paperweight. I didn't know it might be able to get me $20 off a new iPod.

EDIT: Can't find anything that tells me there's a recycling discount in Japan.

EDIT2: Now I did, and I just have to figure out if my 2002 iPod is worth more than $20 to me. Who knows when the Smithsonian might want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.