Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoosiergonzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I installed windows on my mac and can't figure out how to switch back to Mac. On a black screen when I restart it gives me three options as to what OS I want, all the options are Windows XP. Did I partition it incorrectly? Or is there some way to switch?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Right after the restart and the Mac startup sound chimes, hold down the OPTION/ALT key to load the boot selector menu.

Or while in Windows, go to the Taskbar and open the Boot Camp Control Panel and select Startup Disk.

Or

Or

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

hoosiergonzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Right after the restart and the Mac startup sound chimes, hold down the OPTION/ALT key to load the boot selector menu.

Or while in Windows, go to the Taskbar and open the Boot Camp Control Panel and select Startup Disk.

Or

Or

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

When I push the option button all it gives me is one hard disk picture with "windows" under it. When I go into windows I cant find a boot camp control panel.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you installed the Boot Camp drivers from the first Restore DVD?

Can you boot from the Restore DVD and open Disk Utility to see, if the Macintosh HD is still there?

You can even select the Startup Disk while booted from the Restore DVD.

Guide on how to use Disk Utility from the restore / installation DVD.

Boot Camp logo, the Taskbar icon looks like a really tiny version of it
boot_camp_background.png

1861306058_eda89a2960.jpg

startup_disk.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.