PDA

View Full Version : Nike+?

buxtone17
Sep 2, 2010, 07:30 PM
I've used fitness apps on friends smartphones, and I've been waiting for a small, GPS-enabled MID/PMP forever, but it doesn't seem like there are any on the horizon. Archos and Apple let me down with their recent releases, and there's zero news on the Samsung Galaxy PMP.

That said, I just started thinking about using Nike+ on the new iPod touch (or maybe the nano). Does anyone here use Nike+? Does it work well?

Thanks.

nixiemaiden
Sep 9, 2010, 02:08 PM
I am wondering this as well. Also, what else do you need to buy in order to use it? I know one of my friends uses the nano with a sensor...do you need a sensor with the new ipod touch? I'm really curious about this!

mouchoir
Sep 9, 2010, 02:16 PM
I am wondering this as well. Also, what else do you need to buy in order to use it? I know one of my friends uses the nano with a sensor...do you need a sensor with the new ipod touch? I'm really curious about this!

Nike have actually released a new app called Nike+ GPS which removes the need of buying the shoe sensor when using an iPhone with GPS.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nike-gps/id387771637?mt=8

But for iPod Touches, you do still need the sensor as they don't have GPS. I used to use one with a nano, and it worked great.