PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch 4G Wi-fi antenna?

Nelson6416
Sep 2, 2010, 10:08 PM
I just noticed that they somehow got rid of the little black square on the back...just wondering...how did they manage to get the Wi-fi antenna to work through the metal?...also what is that little tiny hole next to the camera on the back of the iPod?...thanks for you're help ahead of time. :apple:

Rocks.
Sep 2, 2010, 10:11 PM
I just noticed that they somehow got rid of the little black square on the back...just wondering...how did they manage to get the Wi-fi antenna to work through the metal?...also what is that little tiny hole next to the camera on the back of the iPod?...thanks for you're help ahead of time. :apple:

The hole next to the camera is a small mic. I'm not sure about the antenna, but it's possible the entire chrome back acts as an antenna. Again, I'm not sure about that though.

Nelson6416
Sep 2, 2010, 10:14 PM
The hole next to the camera is a small mic. I'm not sure about the antenna, but it's possible the entire chrome back acts as an antenna. Again, I'm not sure about that though.

Oh, really?...I was wondering where the mic would go...but what a random place to put it haha...even though it looks like it totally belongs there, when u think mic...well u dont think its gonna be in the middle of the back lol

Cuz03
Sep 2, 2010, 10:15 PM
The hole next to the camera is a mic for the ipod touch.

I think i read somewhere that there is a tiny amount of space between the chrome backing and the front black frame that allows the wi-fi to go through

Nelson6416
Sep 2, 2010, 10:25 PM
The hole next to the camera is a mic for the ipod touch.

I think i read somewhere that there is a tiny amount of space between the chrome backing and the front black frame that allows the wi-fi to go through

well i think they executed it beautifully...i hated that square...lol it's not like it even matters what i think...there's no need for me to get an iPod touch when i have an iPhone 4 lol

pcuser94
Sep 3, 2010, 01:31 AM
there is no way they could have squeezed it near the power button right?