PDA

View Full Version : When do you think Ipod Touch 4G will be released in stores?

Cuz03
Sep 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
I think stores will get the Ipod Touch on the 8th because target's website says the street release date is sept. 8th. And Jobs said it would be released in a week. Sept 8th is a week after the 1st.

AceFernalld
Sep 2, 2010, 10:40 PM
As far as I've heard, they will be shipping to stores and customers who pre-ordered on the 8th. That means they will be in Apple Stores on either the 9th or 10th.

fel10
Sep 2, 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm hoping for the 8th!

ultralord910
Sep 2, 2010, 11:31 PM
According to BestBuy.ca, they will arrive in their warehouse on September 7th.

longball11
Sep 2, 2010, 11:57 PM
I wonder when the new iPods are available, if they will have them out on the shelves to play around with. I certainly hope September 8th is the street date.

SlamJam12
Sep 3, 2010, 12:02 AM
I think stores will get the Ipod Touch on the 8th because target's website says the street release date is sept. 8th. And Jobs said it would be released in a week. Sept 8th is a week after the 1st.

I wonder when the new iPods are available, if they will have them out on the shelves to play around with. I certainly hope September 8th is the street date.

I agree that September 8th sounds like a reasonable date for a street date. I was wondering the same thing about the new iPods being available to play with before buying one at the Apple Store.

lifeguard90
Sep 3, 2010, 09:15 AM

Hey, I just went to Target.com & looked around for that date but did not see it. Where did you find it? I did however see bestbuy.ca date of 7th for warehouse & release date; as told from someone in a different thread.

lifeguard90
Sep 3, 2010, 09:17 AM
Wednesday seems most likely. This is because the promotional for a free 8G ipod touch (previous gen) ends on the 7th. Therefore once that ends, new models will be on sale the following day. Slight chance on the 7th and decent on the 9th if not the 8th.

joe1946
Sep 3, 2010, 09:32 AM
Target: Arriving soon! Order now for shipment in 2 to 4 weeks
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/jogiba/computer%20sales/Target.jpg

wujonathan1994
Sep 3, 2010, 09:32 AM
How about the cases?

Owen.C
Sep 3, 2010, 11:00 AM
UK release date the same do you guys reckon? I want to try one out first somewhere.

Brradley
Sep 3, 2010, 11:11 AM
UK release date the same do you guys reckon? I want to try one out first somewhere.

Argos says they will deliver on the 10th.

LEStudios
Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 AM
I'm going for the $382.99 64GB if not I'll try the $282.99 32GB

bsmack
Sep 3, 2010, 11:41 AM
Call me crazy but I bet we'll start seeing them this weekend, if not Monday/Tuesday for sure. Historically, the Apple stores get the new products before the people that order online do (at least that's how it was with the last iPod and a few other product launches I've followed have happened).

7even
Sep 3, 2010, 02:08 PM
Call me crazy but I bet we'll start seeing them this weekend, if not Monday/Tuesday for sure. Historically, the Apple stores get the new products before the people that order online do (at least that's how it was with the last iPod and a few other product launches I've followed have happened).

I'm guessing the street date will be on the 8th, no earlier. I'm also guessing people's preorders will start shipping Monday or Tuesday. Remember how some people got their iPhone 4s delivered early?

MsMerryMac
Sep 3, 2010, 02:40 PM
I pre-ordered immediately, thinking that I could get it delivered before the mad rush and brick and mortor's here in tow. I also didn't want to be disappointed to find they were not releasing them in stores right off the bat or they were "backordered" like my Touch 2g. My estimated ship date is Sept 10 but will be a bit disappointed if it arrives the same day that it arrives in stores. Even the Amazon Kindle shipped their pre-orders 5 days before the public could have access to the,

unamused
Sep 3, 2010, 03:05 PM
my guess is the day after the back to school promotion ends...

even though the promotion says its for the 2gen ipod touch, they wouldnt want to deal with all of the problems with customers demanding the 4th gen touch when they purchase a macbook.

iParis
Sep 3, 2010, 03:07 PM
Most likely either the 8th or 9th. It may start shipping the 8th, but storese may not receive them until the 9th.

Panther71
Sep 3, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yesterday, I started to order a 4G Touch from Best Buy for store pick up. It stated that the product would be delivered to my local BB on September 23. I can't imagine any will be available before then at BB. I hope I am wrong because I would love to get my hands on one ASAP.

Cuz03
Sep 3, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hey, I just went to Target.com & looked around for that date but did not see it. Where did you find it? I did however see bestbuy.ca date of 7th for warehouse & release date; as told from someone in a different thread.

Target: Arriving soon! Order now for shipment in 2 to 4 weeks
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/jogiba/computer%20sales/Target.jpg

It was gone when i checked today :( they updated the site cuz i think that was at the top of the list for new ipods and no the 32 gb at the bottom. But it was there. if you clicked find in a store YESTERDAY. Idk when it went away sorry. But it did say the 8th was the street release date. and ya it is also the day after the back to school sale so it prob the 8th. I hope it is cuz that is the only day my mom can drive me to get it.

fel10
Sep 3, 2010, 06:04 PM
I just called the Apple Store, and the lady said that it was going to be available next week to purchase but didn't know the exact day!! I'm going to give another call over the weekend and see if they know the exact day!

tablo13
Sep 3, 2010, 06:08 PM
My local Apple Store said "sometime next week" and I think it'll be probably towards the end of the week.

MsMerryMac
Sep 3, 2010, 08:34 PM
My delivery date from Apple now says Sept. 10, shipping "in one week" from the date of order, which was last Wednesday. So, I've taken the day off on Friday to await the delivery (don't want to have to miss it and wait until Monday!) but hoping it shows up a bit earlier...stranger things have happened.

Peterson8765
Sep 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
I just called my local Best Buy and they said they might get them this Sunday the 5th, but they will most likely get by Thursday, the 9th. So I would think the new touch will be released next week sometime in most stores.

skiltrip
Sep 3, 2010, 09:09 PM
I hope Apple does the right thing and gets the touches mailed out to pre-order people so they actually receive them on launch day.

avilla86
Sep 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
Walmart.com has an option to preorder the new touch. Estimated shipping date is 09/14/2010. I hope it is released around this time as I get paid on the 15th. Either way I am holding a 32GB for myself in the stockroom where no one can find it :D Perks of working in the electronics dept at wally world.

AppleWizard
Sep 3, 2010, 11:10 PM
I hope Apple does the right thing and gets the touches mailed out to pre-order people so they actually receive them on launch day.

I am pretty disappointed because I pre ordered mine yesterday and it says the estimated delivery date is the 13-16th if I would have known that, I would have just gone tot the store when it is released to get it... And it isn't like I live in Alaska (no offense) because I live in New York....

SlamJam12
Sep 3, 2010, 11:15 PM
Someone said in another thread that the new iPods would be on display at the Apple Store on September 7th. I do not see a reason for the Apple Store not to carry the new products that day. If they like the new product, they may want to buy that new product on the spot.

AppleWizard
Sep 4, 2010, 07:52 AM
I just had a long conversation with an apple employee. The iPods are shipping next week, which means hay will be available to the public some time after that

ChrisGonzales90
Sep 4, 2010, 08:45 AM
Walmart.com has an option to preorder the new touch. Estimated shipping date is 09/14/2010. I hope it is released around this time as I get paid on the 15th. Either way I am holding a 32GB for myself in the stockroom where no one can find it :D Perks of working in the electronics dept at wally world.

Yeah. Hopefully no one from your store finds out, or even sees you doing so on camera. Many stores frown on employes holding items for their self. Some employees get terminated for doing such acts.