Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamuelS1289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I surfed the internet and I saw this blog here. It mentions that the 4th gen iPod Touch will have vibration included. Is it true?

I'm very interested in buying the iPod Touch... but is this too good to be true? :eek:

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
The Accessibility feature page of the iPod touch does say it has vibration, so it does seem like it!

SamuelS1289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
The Accessibility feature page of the iPod touch does say it has vibration, so it does seem like it!

But according to iPod Touch breakdown with iFixIt, they never mention anything about vibration motor? :confused:

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I don't think iFixit has broken down the 4th gen iPod touch yet? They should be tearing it down in a week once they receive it (they have to wait for it just like us) :)

Also, check out the page that article is referring to: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/accessibility.html Just scroll down to the FaceTime paragraph and it says it will vibrate.

That paragraph is copy-pasted nearly word-for-word from the iPhone 4 page, but it seems like a major oversight if the iPod touch actually doesn't have vibration and they left that in.

SamuelS1289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I don't think iFixit has broken down the 4th gen iPod touch yet? They should be tearing it down in a week once they receive it (they have to wait for it just like us) :)

Also, check out the page that article is referring to: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/accessibility.html Just scroll down to the FaceTime paragraph and it says it will vibrate.

That paragraph is copy-pasted nearly word-for-word from the iPhone 4 page, but it seems like a major oversight if the iPod touch actually doesn't have vibration and they left that in.

They already mentioned it here, http://www.deaftechtv.com/?p=197

SamuelS1289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Yes, so it would be a major oversight by Apple if they said it had vibration when it doesn't. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like that, so it seems more than likely it has vibration.

Then iPod Touch's vibration is probably isn't strong like iPhone 4 does, don't you agree? How the heck did they manage to fit in that "even thinner" body case?

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
apple tends to copy and past. maybe they just copied it form the iphone part. also they lie. remember they had flash in one of their ipad ads?

SamuelS1289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Not exactly copied and pasted.. look at two different paragraphs..

One for iPod Touch..

Video calling with FaceTime.

FaceTime on iPod touch makes it possible to have video calls with friends and family across the globe — perfect for sign-language conversations. It works new iPod touch to new iPod touch or iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi — just enter your Apple ID and email address. In fact, making video calls is as simple as it gets: Just tap the FaceTime app and find the person you want to call. An invitation pops up on their iPod touch or iPhone 4 screen asking if they want to join. When they accept, FaceTime begins. If somebody wants to start a video call with you, you’ll receive an invitation — along with a vibrating alert — on your iPod touch asking you to join. Simply tap Accept, and the video call begins.
;)

One for iPhone 4..

Video calling with FaceTime.

FaceTime on iPhone 4 makes it possible to have video calls with friends and family across the globe — perfect for sign-language conversations. It works iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi, and it requires no setup or special accounts. In fact, making video calls is as simple as it gets: Just tap the FaceTime button right from a contact to start a call. If somebody wants to start a video call with you, you’ll receive an invitation — along with a vibrating alert — on your iPhone 4 asking you to join. Simply tap yes, and the video call begins.
:eek:

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I would love a vibration device, for alarms where I don't wish to disturb others.

We'll see then.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
This is awesome!
It also says something about white on black screen:
If you prefer higher contrast, iPod touch lets you change the display to white on black. Use the White on Black feature in any application, as well as the Home, Unlock, and Search screens, and with Zoom and VoiceOver.

I didn't understand this thing. Does it mean the color will change like if we put a theme?
:confused:

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
xCNtJuxpT4WWp1hi.medium

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.