Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I'm having a weird problem with my AEBS since I switched my DSL provider. I have to reset the base station once a day because it doesn't load anything (neither in safari nor does ichat work). This seems to happen after it tries to reconnect after the forced loss of connection by the provider.
I have no idea why this happens and how to resolve this.

It'd be pretty annoying having to reset it once a day... :(

Edit: Ok, I just found out that I don't have to reset it for it to work again. Disconnecting and reconnecting does it too, but it is still majorly annoying...

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Diatribe
Edit: Ok, I just found out that I don't have to reset it for it to work again. Disconnecting and reconnecting does it too, but it is still majorly annoying...
I also have DSL and I had problems with my wireless unit (Netgear) so I returned it to get an Airport Express :D well after a call to Apple and 1 hour later the tech. had me trash my system pref. folder :confused: then restart my iBook(brand new). Next was to connect and its been fine ever since as in theory it should. Maybe this will help out.
I did have a post on this about my Netgear problems and now wonder if I could have saved money by trashing my prefs. sooner but hey a built in print server now to print anywhere :rolleyes:
Good luck--one thing what type of phone do you have? My connection drops if my phone (2.4) gets dialed out when i'm online-just my luck interference box is checked but doesn't matter-- again good luck

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Artful Dodger said:
Diatribe
I also have DSL and I had problems with my wireless unit (Netgear) so I returned it to get an Airport Express :D well after a call to Apple and 1 hour later the tech. had me trash my system pref. folder :confused: then restart my iBook(brand new). Next was to connect and its been fine ever since as in theory it should. Maybe this will help out.
I did have a post on this about my Netgear problems and now wonder if I could have saved money by trashing my prefs. sooner but hey a built in print server now to print anywhere :rolleyes:
Good luck--one thing what type of phone do you have? My connection drops if my phone (2.4) gets dialed out when i'm online-just my luck interference box is checked but doesn't matter-- again good luck

Which preferences are you talking about? An entire folder? That doesn't seem right. Or are you just talking about the airport plist in the system configuration folder?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Yes-- you got it, Sorry for the lack of info--Just after that post I was looking for more info for you and my phone bumped me off :mad: Getting a new phone! Any hoo thats the right folder "system" HD/lib./pref/system :D
then just restart and it should work, I can only say that mine did and everything including the printer setup took 2-3 mins. tops :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.