Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Effective today, forum member xUKHCx, who joined MacRumors in January 2006 and lives near London, has become a site administrator.

He's spent his time at MacRumors making friends, sharing his knowledge, helping other forum users, and serving as a moderator. He will now help us with site administration as well.

Please join us in welcoming our new administrator and thanking xUKHCx for accepting this new responsibility!

You can find the list of administrators and moderators on the Show Groups page. You can contact any of them using the
sendpm.gif
buttons.

For administrative issues (advertising inquiries, problems with the forum system, and concerns about moderation of your posts), use our Contact Us form. If you have general questions or comments suitable for discussion among forum members, use the Site and Forum Feedback forum.

Our goal is to make MacRumors as useful and enjoyable as possible for all forum members and site visitors. We thank you for your participation!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Glad to hear it, I was surprised xUKHCx didn't make it into the big batch of admins a few months ago.

We added moderators just over a year ago, and xUKHCx was already a moderator at that time...he's been on the mod team since December 2007.

Before today, I was the most recent addition to the admin group, and that was also in December 2007.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Bit unexpected, but definitely most thoroughly deserved... this is a good move for the site and all concerned. I know some may have had problems with xUKHCx in the past, but the period in which we worked together, he showed nothing less than integrity and commitment... and retaining balance, a rationed patience for timewasters, attention-seekers and fools.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Bit unexpected, but definitely most thoroughly deserved... this is a good move for the site and all concerned. I know some may have had problems with xUKHCx in the past, but the period in which we worked together, he showed nothing less than integrity and commitment... and retaining balance, a rationed patience for timewasters, attention-seekers and fools.

Nice to hear an account from behind the curtain so to speak
I have always appreciated his work and see this as a positive move

Congrats Rich!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Nice to hear an account from behind the curtain so to speak

I will always stand by those who did OK by me — from my perspective, we had a laugh when working together — and I don't have much to keep quiet about any more, nor the slightest reason to suck up to anyone. Pulling punches and keeping my mouth shut doesn't mean that what I publicly have to say has any larger value either.

Anyway, this is a good thing and the more I think about it, the better it gets. I know there are those who would disagree, but if they saw what I've seen over a couple of years, then they'd change their tune. What people see here on these forums is the tip of an iceberg... his will be a valuable, grounded voice in the admin group, and just as importantly, this will free up time and resources for Doctor Q and WildCowboy, individuals who I have a great deal of time and respect for.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
We added moderators just over a year ago, and xUKHCx was already a moderator at that time...he's been on the mod team since December 2007.

Before today, I was the most recent addition to the admin group, and that was also in December 2007.

Sorry, mixed my words up, but what you said is what I meant, was it really a year ago new mods were added? Time flies huh.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Congrats! As the new guy, does he have to keep cranking the servers to keep it working? ;)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Congrats! I've always found him to be very responsive, helpful and kind :) BTW, what exactly is the difference between mod and admin in terms of what they do? Admins do more backroom work?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Thanks all :eek::).

The difference is basically background stuff that general members rarely see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.