PDA

View Full Version : Help restoring deleted txt messages etc

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 12:38 PM
Now I know this is kina ****ed up but .... , I have a girlfriend who has a iphone 3gs with i4 update

last few weeks she has been acting suspect - im about to move in with her
but before I let her I wanna know what is going on .

I have access to her phone at breif periods ie when she sleeps or leaves it for 5 mins .

Im prepared to pay someone if needed to help me with this .

What would the best way to get her deleted text messages be

I was thinking back up her phone to my computer and then use the files to find the deleted text messages

I saw this program

http://riactant.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/iphone-sms-retriever-utility-for-windows/ and followed all steps on their to get it to work but it wont .

Either that or back up the files to my computer and restore them to a blank iphone I have any help will be appreciated / and or rewarded

Also a program where I can remove the pass code to her phone wold also help

Thanks

thanks

lionheartednyhc
Sep 3, 2010, 12:43 PM
Now I know this is kina ****ed up but .... , I have a girlfriend who has a iphone 3gs with i4 update

last few weeks she has been acting suspect - im about to move in with her
but before I let her I wanna know what is going on .

I have access to her phone at breif periods ie when she sleeps or leaves it for 5 mins .

Im prepared to pay someone if needed to help me with this .

What would the best way to get her deleted text messages be

I was thinking back up her phone to my computer and then use the files to find the deleted text messages

I saw this program

http://riactant.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/iphone-sms-retriever-utility-for-windows/ and followed all steps on their to get it to work but it wont .

Either that or back up the files to my computer and restore them to a blank iphone I have any help will be appreciated / and or rewarded

Also a program where I can remove the pass code to her phone wold also help

Thanks

thanks

You have no business moving in with that girl because you are a creep. Try talking to her?

TMar
Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
I'd help but then my ability to hit that might come to an end..

Backing up and restoring isn't going to bring back deleted text messages unless they hadn't been deleted at the time of the backup and that still doesn't get you around the passcode..

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
trust me it may seem like that but you dont know the situation.

thanks

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
pay $150 maybe more depending on the results

kemperman
Sep 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
Dude, you don't trust her therefore you shouldn't be in a relationship with her, let alone move in together. Talk to her. If you don't get the answers you need then break it off. Otherwise suck it up, be a man and TRUST HER!! If you don't trust her then there's no relationship worth saving

sidewinder
Sep 3, 2010, 12:53 PM
if you don't know the answer to "is she a hoe?" without digging through her deleted text messages, you aren't ready to move in together. Unless of course she thinks you will be just room mates....

S-

maturola
Sep 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
You have no business moving in with that girl because you are a creep. Try talking to her?

While I agreed you seen like a creep and should talk to her instead of doing this (IMO your relationship is already doom, but what do i Know).

Easiest way is to backup the phone to your computer... them use iPhone Backup Extractor to extract the SMS.db which is a SQlite database, and them you can use SQLite Database Browser to read it. You will find all the txt that haven't been hard erased by the DFU restore.

I would expect my $150 paypal to me as soon as you are reading that database :D:D:D, or the phone number of you Ex if you find something bad on her texts :eek:

iPhone Backup extractor (http://supercrazyawesome.com/)

SQLite Database Browser (http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/)

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 12:56 PM
Everything is normal in our relationship

other than she acts weird with her phone and will leave it no where almost
she hides it and has a pass code on it so I just wanna know if something is going on period . Im not the angry type I just need to know so I can either move on or nothing at all is wrong and shes just a bit cooky

I would be very grateful to anyone who can help

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 12:57 PM
While I agreed you seen like a creep and should talk to her instead of doing this (IMO your relationship is already doom, but what do i Know).

Easiest way is to backup the phone to your computer... them use iPhone Backup Extractor to extract the SMS.db which is a SQlite database, and them you can use SQLite Database Browser to read it. You will find all the txt that haven't been hard erased by the DFU restore.

Thanks where can I get it ,

Ive tried everything , talking to her she just gets mad , even when im calm about it .

maturola
Sep 3, 2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks where can I get it ,

Ive tried everything , talking to her she just gets mad , even when im calm about it .

Reading her SMS is NOT going to help in any way, you should let her know that you don't trust her and if that is not solve you should can't move in with her. If more people would be open and honest from the get go, we would have more happy couples... (and there it is my advice of the day :cool:)

I just edited my last post with the link.

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 01:06 PM
Reading her SMS is NOT going to help in any way, you should let her know that you don't trust her and if that is not solve you should can't move in with her. If more people would be open and honest from the get go, we would have more happy couples... (and there it is my advice of the day :cool:)

Your exactly right I have been totally open from day 1
I try asking why she does it and she accuses me of being paranoid and not trusting her , Ive talked to a few friends and explained the situation in detail and they agree checking her phone is probably the best thing to do .

I know reading on here it might sound crazy If I wrote the whole situation out it might take a few hours ,

All I need is to put my mind at ease im not some creep or weirdo .

Thanks

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 01:11 PM

I cant find the link on this page to download?
http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/index.html

If I have any luck I will PM you for your paypal addy no problem really appreciate the help

maturola
Sep 3, 2010, 01:13 PM
Your exactly right I have been totally open from day 1
I try asking why she does it and she accuses me of being paranoid and not trusting her , Ive talked to a few friends and explained the situation in detail and they agree checking her phone is probably the best thing to do .

I know reading on here it might sound crazy If I wrote the whole situation out it might take a few hours ,

All I need is to put my mind at ease im not some creep or weirdo .

Thanks

It's ok man, you don't really have to explain, we are just giving you a hard time, I am sure you got your reasons, IMO is the wrong way to start (or take the next step) on a relationship. But if you think that it can help, go for it. To me respect and Trust are the base or nay relationship, friendship, work, etc, even Forums relationship (the more respectful and trusting you are, the better responses you get), and based on the little information you had shared you guys are lacking of both.

in any case, you got the tools now, so just for the sake of the Thread let us know what happend ;)

maturola
Sep 3, 2010, 01:15 PM
I cant find the link on this page to download?
http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/index.html

If I have any luck I will PM you for your paypal addy no problem really appreciate the help

Click the link - SOURCEFORGE PROJECT PAGEs

IrishVixen
Sep 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
My phone is passcode protected and it never leaves my side. Does that mean I'm cheating on my husband?

He'd laugh his ass off if you asked him that.

He knows better. The phone is passcoded so if I lose it, some dishonest twit who finds it has to go online to figure out how to break into it. That gives me time to go to FindMyiPhone and wipe it.

Seriously, if trust her so little, break it off. Your relationship isn't "normal" if you don't trust her on something this small. Either you have other issues personally, or she's given you other reasons to think she's lying. Either way, the relationship is going nowhere. Get out while you're not tied together financially and don't waste your time with her phone.

timerollson
Sep 3, 2010, 01:22 PM
LMAO. Your username is ****ing hilarious.

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 01:25 PM
My phone is passcode protected and it never leaves my side. Does that mean I'm cheating on my husband?

He'd laugh his ass off if you asked him that.

He knows better. The phone is passcoded so if I lose it, some dishonest twit who finds it has to go online to figure out how to break into it. That gives me time to go to FindMyiPhone and wipe it.

Seriously, if trust her so little, break it off. Your relationship isn't "normal" if you don't trust her on something this small. Either you have other issues personally, or she's given you other reasons to think she's lying. Either way, the relationship is going nowhere. Get out while you're not tied together financially and don't waste your time with her phone.

Listen this isnt a counseling session ...
if you dont like what im trying to do please dont post in my thread .

LoLife
Sep 3, 2010, 02:09 PM
Ya I agree. Leave the guy alone. This guy didn't ask you to help him with a relationship. Anyone ever heard of to each their own. Just because your relationship is one way doesn't mean it has to be like that for everyone. Maybe he just wants to put his mind at ease.

Anyway man, you can't really check her messages this way but you can see the number she is checking by looking at her phone records. Might not be able to get it right away but if you can figure out her password to get into her account online you can at least she the numbers she is texting and the time. Hope this helps a little. And yes please update us with what you find. :p

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 02:10 PM
Ya I agree. Leave the guy alone. This guy didn't ask you to help him with a relationship. Anyone ever heard of to each their own. Just because your relationship is one way doesn't mean it has to be like that for everyone. Maybe he just wants to put his mind at ease.

Anyway man, you can't really check her messages this way but you can see the number she is checking by looking at her phone records. Might not be able to get it right away but if you can figure out her password to get into her account online you can at least she the numbers she is texting and the time. Hope this helps a little. And yes please update us with what you find. :p

Thanks ! :)

IrishVixen
Sep 3, 2010, 02:14 PM
FYI--what you want to do is a crime in many jurisdictions, and it's a felony at that. Might want to think it through. Or at least start checking the laws in your area.

I've been in your shoes and have the divorce papers from the starter marriage to prove it. Once you're at the point of having to check up on someone, it's over. Sucks, no doubt about it. Best of luck to you regardless of what you decide.

Carlanga
Sep 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
is she a hot brazilian lingerie model by any chance? if not then you are scary....
You could ASK her to see her txt's from the cellphone's bill records if you really feel the need to know...

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 03:11 PM
is she a hot brazilian lingerie model by any chance? if not then you are scary....
You could ASK her to see her txt's from the cellphone's bill records if you really feel the need to know...

shes a model and hot but not brazilian ,

dhlizard
Sep 3, 2010, 03:15 PM
@issheahoe

Save your $150 for moving out expenses.

There is no chance in one million that this relationship is gonna work.

If not the phone thing, wait till the next hiccup comes, no discussions, just anger.

Move on :cool: Think with the big head, not the little head :eek:

You're welcome, Dear Abby !

maturola
Sep 3, 2010, 03:41 PM
shes a model and hot but not brazilian ,

This demand a pic (or it didn't happen) :eek:

murdercitydevil
Sep 3, 2010, 05:10 PM
Here's your solution - tell her you're going to break up with her. When she asks why, tell her it's because of the phone thing, it makes you uncomfortable, you suspect her of something, and you think it will lead to an unhealthy relationship down the line. If it's nothing, and you are just being paranoid (and if she has any common sense), she will let you see the phone. If she doesn't, and is willing to BREAK UP WITH YOU over it, you have your answer.

issheahoe
Sep 3, 2010, 06:21 PM
Here's your solution - tell her you're going to break up with her. When she asks why, tell her it's because of the phone thing, it makes you uncomfortable, you suspect her of something, and you think it will lead to an unhealthy relationship down the line. If it's nothing, and you are just being paranoid (and if she has any common sense), she will let you see the phone. If she doesn't, and is willing to BREAK UP WITH YOU over it, you have your answer.

I was thinking about doing that ...

Carlanga
Sep 3, 2010, 11:40 PM
really dude, you do know that if she is w/ you it means that she must dig you, unless you are rich maybe? Now, in psychiatry class I learned that people that are looking for any proof of cheating w/out previous evidence to suspect, it means in most cases that THEY were the ones that cheated first and want to find anything to relieve the stress from their own 'adventure' and thus not blame themselves for the failed relationship... (cue the dramatic music!!!!:eek:) lol

sidewinder
Sep 4, 2010, 12:16 AM
Post a picture of her so we can tell you if she is worth it.... ;)

S-