Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hey,

I just setup this new website. Let me know what you think. I did it in iweb cause I didn't have enough time to get it together in dreamweaver. I would like to know what you think about it though. http://www.projectchristmas.co

I also have a question on the rollover buttons. I used text to make the buttons and when you hover over them for a couple seconds it pops up with the name of the link. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

I have attached an example of what is happening.

Let me know.

Thanks!!

Cody

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 104
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Hey,

I just setup this new website. Let me know what you think. I did it in iweb cause I didn't have enough time to get it together in dreamweaver. I would like to know what you think about it though. http://www.projectchristmas.co

I also have a question on the rollover buttons. I used text to make the buttons and when you hover over them for a couple seconds it pops up with the name of the link. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

I have attached an example of what is happening.

Let me know.

Thanks!!

Cody

I like the design, but there's a lot of empty space.

Remove the "alt" attribute from the link code to get rid of that hover-over

manueld

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Leave the alt tag for accessibility reasons, but name it something properly, like contact us, the mouse over function you are referring to is shown by the title tag not the alt tag.

The alt tag only used to display on hover for older IE browsers.

cbeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Leave the alt tag for accessibility reasons, but name it something properly, like contact us, the mouse over function you are referring to is shown by the title tag not the alt tag.

The alt tag only used to display on hover for older IE browsers.

How do I remove the title tag in iweb?

whatsgooddan

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2009
NY, USA
by empty space, i am guessing s/he means the big space below the paragraphs of text and the big space below the grey box. in addition, he may also mean the big picture on top.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Hey
Some critique here.
I like what you ve done so far.
From a design point of view.you need to adjust the text in the big image. The is no alignment. I would play a bit more with the kearning, leading and character size to get it to align nicely.

I also think maybe look at a different choice of type for the content.

Just my thoughts. Good luck
Oh yes and the two logos twitter and other ones are too big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.