PDA

View Full Version : Apple doesn't tell their employees anything

ralts
Sep 3, 2010, 04:21 PM
Here's the chat log I had with an Apple "Expert".

Me: Hello, how much RAM does the new iPod touch have?

Them: Thanks for waiting. I'll be right with you.

Them: I am really sorry for keeping you waiting, I'll be just another moment.

Me: Okay

Them: Just another minute.

Them: Thank you.

Them: We are not told about the Ram on any of the iPods....The new iPod touch is offered with 8GB, 32Gb, and 64 Gb of storage space.

Me: Okay, and how many megapixels is the camera?

Them: This is a new type of camera. The Mega pixels is not available. It is a High Dynamic Range camera (HDR).

Them: HDR means that it takes three photos, one normal, one under exposed and one over exposed. Then combines to produce the HDR photo.

Them: This means great photos even in sunlight.

Me: Okay thanks! I'm planning to buy it at the Apple store, is the first day it's available the 8th?

Them: We have not been told an exact date that the Apple Retail Stores will have it but if you order it today you will have it delivered to you the same day that the Apple Retail Stores get it in.

Them: Plus you can have it engraved.

Me: Okay that's it, thank you

Them: Thank you.

It was pretty funny, the person must have been AFK or really busy for the first 10 minutes or so. But at least she didn't give a dumb answer like "The new iPod doesn't have RAM". :p

Why do you think Apple isn't even telling their employees when the new iPod's will be available? :confused:

Code.Red
Sep 3, 2010, 04:29 PM
The employees are given the same information they publish online, so it's not surprising that they don't know.

Although it is surprising that the new iPod touch will be able to take HDR photos. I had assumed that it wasn't going to have that feature, but I guess I was wrong!

ralts
Sep 3, 2010, 04:35 PM
The employees are given the same information they publish online, so it's not surprising that they don't know.

Although it is surprising that the new iPod touch will be able to take HDR photos. I had assumed that it wasn't going to have that feature, but I guess I was wrong!

That's true, but since she knew it was HDR capable and it doesn't say that anywhere online, then they must have some other source of information. Unless she was just assuming the iPt4 has it because the iPhone 4/iOS 4 has it.

I wonder when we'll know the release date, because I don't want to make a trip to the Apple store just to find out they don't have them. Also, do any of you know how fast the iPod touch's usually sell out?

Consultant
Sep 3, 2010, 04:37 PM
FAIL. Apple does NOT list RAM of iOS devices.

Apple employees gets the official information, and if Apple does not list RAM, they can't tell you how much it has. Duh!

vanzantapple
Sep 3, 2010, 04:55 PM
FAIL. Apple does NOT list RAM of iOS devices.

Apple employees gets the official information, and if Apple does not list RAM, they can't tell you how much it has. Duh!

Actually, the FAIL goes to Apple for not supplying the RAM specs on the new iPod Touch.

Saying we don't list RAM specs for i devices is not a good reason to not list RAM specs on i devices. That's just silly.