PDA

View Full Version : Your switch stories...

idkew
Aug 23, 2002, 02:02 AM
I'm starting a thread for people to tell of their switch stories.

Have you convinced anyone to switch before? Tell us about it!

I will tell some stories later. I have been fairly successful, but not perfectly. I almost convinced someone tonight, he just had no money to buy an apple.

King Cobra
Aug 23, 2002, 08:10 AM
This has been brought up before, but I managed to be the only responder to it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9273

If you want to reply there or here it wouldn't really matter. But I am not sure if you are going to get too many responses, seeing how the first thread did not go too well. :)

bbarnhart
Aug 23, 2002, 08:19 AM
I used to use paper, but when I was in Junior High, my parents bought me my first computer. It was an Apple IIe. I sometimes go back to paper if I find something that isn't compatible with my Apple computer, but for the most part, I'm Apple all the way.

Sorry if you didn't think that was funny.

idkew
Aug 23, 2002, 11:56 AM
I have been fairly successful at college. I have convinced two people to switch and they have bought their macs. One was my roommate, and another was one of my fraternity brothers. My roommate bought a Pismo and the other guy got a 800Mhz iMac LCD.

I also have convinced three others that they should buy a mac for their next computer.

Not bad, considering they might convince a few people to switch also.

firewire2001
Aug 23, 2002, 01:28 PM
i think it might be better if we just have links to other posts/threads where ppl have swithced others or stories from the switch victims that are already on the forums...