Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott549

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
If I have an iPod Touch, is there a way to connect it wirelessly to my Panasonic HDTV so that the TV's monitor can used as a display for games and the Internet? I've got an HDMI input on the TV labled "game" as well as one other input (I think it's called a PC input). Would Apple TV do this?

Thanks.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The new Apple TV cannot do this for you. The only thing it will be able to put on the tv are videos (from the iPod/Movies app) and photos (from the Photos app).

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
You won't be able to output the screen, only some things like videos.

I believe there might be a jailbroken app on Cydia that can do this using the special cable Apple sells, but it might be worth it to check it out. It's definitely possible, but I'm not sure

Scott549

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
You won't be able to output the screen, only some things like videos.

I believe there might be a jailbroken app on Cydia that can do this using the special cable Apple sells, but it might be worth it to check it out. It's definitely possible, but I'm not sure

I'm not a big game player so I'm somewhat uneducated on the subject, but it just seems like there would be an app that would wirelessly transmit the video to a TV screen, which would make a Touch operate like a Wii.

joe1946

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
If it’s on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, it’s on Apple TV.
You can already stream music, photos, and video from your computer to Apple TV. With AirPlay, you can stream it all from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, too. So if you feel like watching a movie you have on one of your devices, you don’t need to rent or buy it again. Just tap to start playing content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then tap again to instantly stream whatever you’re watching — or listening to — directly to Apple TV. AirPlay is coming soon to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch near you.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.