Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocks.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
more_folders20100901.jpg

Haha, I'm just kidding, this is just a joke. I just wanted to point out the mistake they made with this picture on the Apple website. As you can see, it's an Ipod Touch because of the Facetime hole with no speaker, but there is a phone icon on the dock, partially hidden by the other Ipod. This also proves that the screen images are probably simulated as well.

if anyone's interested, it's in the Folders paragraph from this page on the Apple website: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/more-features.html

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
lol that has to be one of the biggest fail. But after he finished talking about the new ipod he called it a phone so...

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
uh oh looks like someone(ipod touch) is going to be eliminated. Just kidding...at least i hope so

Aero26

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
LIRL. What did I say about the 'shops? :D then again, don't be surprise if it's packaged like that. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FaceTime initiated from an incoming or outgoing call until it's switched to a wifi network? (or My3Ged) But then again, you see what I have below. Haven't touched a single other Apple device.

Cuz03

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010

I'd also like to point out that the avatar app is for ipad only. And it isn't the movie cuz it isn't the movie icon. Either we gettin avatar app for iphone/itouch or someone really messed up. How we get a ipad app on itouch???????

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
Somebody is getting fired

I hope this is a joke. You don't fire someone for making a minor mistake. Even at Apple. And believe it or not, this is a minor mistake. And how many people even noticed? As of now, 237 dedicated apple fans? Yeah...

iguigy

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2009
I'd also like to point out that the avatar app is for ipad only. And it isn't the movie cuz it isn't the movie icon. Either we gettin avatar app for iphone/itouch or someone really messed up. How we get a ipad app on itouch???????

According to the app store there has been an Avatar game with the same logo, as the one in the picture, for iPhone or iPod touch since 14 Dec 2009...it's not just iPad only.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/james-camerons-avatar/id343687281?mt=8

jesses

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2007
Georgia
forgive me if it has been mentioned but... any news the production of a gmail phone app for the touch? i mean.. calling people from gmail is all the rage now.:rolleyes:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Little known fact, iPod Touch now can vibrate!

Incredibly useful for gaming and alerts. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.