Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Hi guys, basically I'm looking for a new Twitter App for my iPhone 4, now I don't actually post any tweets, I just follow people to keep up with iPhone and gadget news. Anyway, I'm currently using Tweetdeck as it is the only app that I know of that highlights new tweets when I open it, if you don't know what I mean then when I open the App it will highlight the new tweets that have been posted since the last time I opened the app and it will also display a little number at the bottom telling me how many updates there are.

For one reason or another the developers of the app don't seem to update it any more so it's not iOS4 or iPhone 4 optimized, I would like to find another app that highlights the new tweets like I talked about above, does anyone know if there are any out there that do this? I've tried all the major ones, official Twitter app, Twitteriffic, Twittelator and unless they have a hidden setting to enable this then they don't highlight new tweets either

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
SimplyTweet or Tweetlist.
Icebird is my preferred app, I've tried almost every one, Icebird doesn't highlight the new tweets YET but the gorgeous clean interface makes up for other things that I'm sure will come.
http://icebirdapp.com

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Thanks for the reply, I actually managed to find a VERY good twitter app last night called TwitBird, it does everything I want it to do, I will check out the one you suggested anyway though as I like to try new apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.