PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Game Saves

gman901
Sep 4, 2010, 09:52 PM
I know that most people in the forum really could care less about this subject, because I did a search in all the forums and not much interest in my question... however, I would really love to have an application created that can easily back up Ipad and Iphone Game Saves so that if I am playing a game on either my ipad or iphone, I can backup my game save and restore it to my device to continue playing. For instance, I love playing Plants vs Zombies, but I have to choose which device to play it on otherwise I would have to start at the beginning if I want to play it on my iphone. Wouldn't it be nice to play it on your ipad, pick up where you left off on your iphone, and then go back to your ipad and continue playing. Sort of like the Whisper Sync application for the Amazon Kindle... If gaming is such a big thing according to Apple, why isn't something like this thought of by developers?

mKTank
Sep 6, 2010, 12:02 AM
I know that most people in the forum really could care less about this subject, because I did a search in all the forums and not much interest in my question... however, I would really love to have an application created that can easily back up Ipad and Iphone Game Saves so that if I am playing a game on either my ipad or iphone, I can backup my game save and restore it to my device to continue playing. For instance, I love playing Plants vs Zombies, but I have to choose which device to play it on otherwise I would have to start at the beginning if I want to play it on my iphone. Wouldn't it be nice to play it on your ipad, pick up where you left off on your iphone, and then go back to your ipad and continue playing. Sort of like the Whisper Sync application for the Amazon Kindle... If gaming is such a big thing according to Apple, why isn't something like this thought of by developers?

Jailbreak and use a file manager like iFile. Or you can SSH, too.

The saves are usually in the app folder into either the Library folder or the Documents folder. That's where all user data goes.

gman901
Sep 6, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks. I was actually hoping Apple or a developer would come up with a non-jailbreak solution. I would pay to have this type of feature.

ReallyBigFeet
Sep 6, 2010, 09:13 AM
I agree, it would be nice, especially for the longer-duration or achievement-based games.

Yet one more instance where the File Management solution (or lack thereof) of the iPad/iTunes combination is really sucktastic.

inigel
Sep 6, 2010, 07:34 PM
I would like to see the new Game Centre become like the Steamworks API. Have the Game Centre list top rated Game Centre supported games to buy and a cloud storage for save files.

I've already requested this through Apple's feedback page.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/