PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Help needed

lixe
Sep 5, 2010, 07:54 AM
Hello,
I'm thinking of buying the new Apple TV and want to convert a few movies to see what the result would look like.
If I select the built-in Apple TV preset I just get 960x something. I googled it and found out that the old ATV couldn't handle 720p with more than 24fps. But I guess the new one should do that? So is it enough if I just change the resolution and use the built-in preset or is there a better solution?

Thanks!
Felix

Mach1.8
Sep 5, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hello,
I'm thinking of buying the new Apple TV and want to convert a few movies to see what the result would look like.
If I select the built-in Apple TV preset I just get 960x something. I googled it and found out that the old ATV couldn't handle 720p with more than 24fps. But I guess the new one should do that? So is it enough if I just change the resolution and use the built-in preset or is there a better solution?

Thanks!
Felix

Just changing the resolution with the built in preset will work. If you want to fine tune it, there is a thread over at the handbrake forums where guys post their advanced settings. It's worth a read if you plan on going this route.

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13506