Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Lancashire UK
This will be my first digital camera. The family have had a Cybershot around the house for a while but this will be mine, for actual photography as opposed to family holiday shots.

Wanted something SLR-like, without paying big bucks. Wanted zoom and the ability to take different lenses and filters and things. I was recommended on here to look at the S1 IS. 10x zoom with image stabilisation and a great movie mode.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for your help!

jimjiminyjim

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2003
Canada
Awesome Camera! Enjoy... I hope the Christmas season doesn't slow down the delivery too much. Not that the anticipation isn't an important part of having such sweet technology in your hands. Have fun!

Smileyguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
Kerb, I bought that same camera from a guy on Ebay about three weeks ago. It's a fantastic camera. You'll be very impressed with your photo taking. It's performance in daylight is brilliant, the Image Stabilizer is a treat, and the 10x optical zoom is fantastic. My only criticism is that it's not great at taking night shots. But still, a great camera. Here's a photo I took on it last week.

Blackrock8.jpg

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
I've had the same camera for 3 months now! I love it. It's hard to take a bad picture. I haven't tried any night shot though. I think you'll like it. I'd recommend getting a high speed CF card.

kerb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Lancashire UK
djkny said:
Canon S2 IS should be out in Jan; hopefully with 12X Zoom and 4.0 MP.

oh well.

can't let things like that bother me too much.

you'd never buy technology if you feared it outdating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.