Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Osfoora, it's like the official twitter app but has a tonne of extra's in there. There's also an iPad version, but now twitter have released theirs I'm not sure which I prefer.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
TwitBird for me, I only read tweets and don't actually post any my self so the highlight new tweets feature and slick interface have made it the best twitter app for me :)

3O01

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
I personally like Osfoora. It does everything I need it too. And some more.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Simply Tweet 3 Landscape tweeting new/old retweet style and push for DM and @ replies

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
the official Twitter app for sure, i even paid for Tweetie/Tweetie 2 when they were out before Twitter bought them up, always thought it was the best.

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
the official Twitter app for sure, i even paid for Tweetie/Tweetie 2 when they were out before Twitter bought them up, always thought it was the best.

I also bought Tweetie/Tweetie2 and used the official app for a while before deciding to try out all the other apps to see if I liked any better, I settled on Icebird but I still try all the others each time a new version is released.

One thing I miss in the official twitter app is when you are on the search timeline and see a tweet you are interested in you can't view the conversation behind that tweet - unless I'm missing something obvious???

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I also bought Tweetie/Tweetie2 and used the official app for a while before deciding to try out all the other apps to see if I liked any better, I settled on Icebird but I still try all the others each time a new version is released.

One thing I miss in the official twitter app is when you are on the search timeline and see a tweet you are interested in you can't view the conversation behind that tweet - unless I'm missing something obvious???

Tap it. There's a button for viewing the thread if they used a client or the website.

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Tap it. There's a button for viewing the thread if they used a client or the website.

Hmmm tried it, don't see it, on your main timeline if you tap a tweet you see a grey "in reply to" button, but you don't get this button if you tap a tweet in any search results timelines so you can't see what the conversation was.

saintsbabylove

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2010
I tend to use Twifferific Pro and I love it. I also go between Oosfra, and Twitbird.

I say Twifferific Pro is definitely worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.