Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I just ordered the new Ipod Touch and wanted to get your thoughts on what useful ways you will use it. We all know it can be used as a mp3 player, video player, etc. What sort of creative useful ways will you use it?

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Memo recorder? With a microphone, you could make quick verbal notes for times where writing or texting them would be difficult or dangerous, eg while driving.

bass93

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
I'll be using the new iPod as a scheduler. I'll sync my iCal with it.
I'll use it for Googling things real quick. That'll be super nice, since I use my horrible LG env Touch for that right now.
I'll keep Pandora open as much as I can.
I'll use Convertbot a ton.
I'll use it to do all the Craigslisting that I do. (I'm getting the new touch with money that I have made off of Craigslist)
I'll be using Remote on it a ton.
And it will be my note taker. I find myself putting notes on my phone alllll the time. It'll be sooooo much easier on the new iPod Touch.

And of course, I'll be using it for music and surfing the web and facebook, etc.

Really getting excited for it!

joe1946

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Shooting HD videos and uploading to youtube from it using the upgraded 802.11n wi-fi. I have about 130 HD videos on youtube and more on Vimeo.
youtube_you20100901.png

imovie_share20100901.png

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
I wonder how proficient it is as a throwing weapon. It just seems like it would be very solid.

bass93

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
I wonder how proficient it is as a throwing weapon. It just seems like it would be very solid.

HA!!! I had a second gen before it broke in a car accident, and I had the urge to throw it all the time. lol. They're sooo solid and slim.

PeachieSky

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
I plan on using my ipod touch for educational purposes such as taking notes/recording lectures especially for my Calculus 2 class. Plus I like taking lots of pics of my friends and family + recording them. It'll come in handy whenever I go on vacations too. It's such a nuisances to constantly replace batteries over and over again even tho my camera takes pics really well. Just whip out my touch and bam snap snap snap. :cool:

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Agreed. The iPod Touch is a great PDA substitute. I can't believe I bought a Palm Z22 when it was new. It's like, "Hm, you kind of got the idea, but something's not quite right."

iTunes and content-playback as well as web... that's what they missed.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Agreed. The iPod Touch is a great PDA substitute. I can't believe I bought a Palm Z22 when it was new. It's like, "Hm, you kind of got the idea, but something's not quite right."

Lol PDA. 2000 called they want their lame organization tool back...:D:D

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas

I have the Palm 200 (or something like that). It sync for awhile with my PC. Then later I could never get it to sync to my Mac. A waste of $300. :mad:

Lol PDA. 2000 called they want their lame organization tool back...:D:D

lol but Apple coined the name PDA so what else should we call it? iPDA? :p

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I plan to use it as an e-reader with the nice retina display and load pdf's for my textbooks for reference material for class. And some ppts while I study.

headset

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
vermont
it's a computer

I've been using my iphone more than my powerbook lately. It's really just a small computer, you can use it for almost anything. I most frequently use mine for taking notes, reading the news, email, taking pictures.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I've been using my iphone more than my powerbook lately. It's really just a small computer, you can use it for almost anything. I most frequently use mine for taking notes, reading the news, email, taking pictures.

How are you taking notes with it? Is this for class or work? I know the voice recorder app can be good for taking notes but do you like type notes in it? Are you using just the note program?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.