Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-AYppSZjE&NR=1

I just watched this review and man I'm disappointed that the Incase slider will lift the screen protector. I have a SGP Ultra Clear coming and I was thinking about ordering a Incase Slider case, but now I'm having second thoughts since it'll lift the protector. How does it do that? How do I figure out which case won't have any compatibility issues with an SGP Ultra Clear screen protector?

Bisz

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
ON, Canada
I have an SGP protector and got the slider yesterday. The lifting is quite bad on mine. I think I will just have to remove the protector and live without one.

gnychis

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
i had this same problem with my iFrogz Luxe, so I sanded underneath the lip of the case to raise it up a bit and it's fine now

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
My incase slider works fine with my SGP oleo, but if you're having issues, it's pretty easy to just trim the top of the protector just enough so it doesn't make contact with the case, slightly round the leading corners too, problem solved. The tiny strip of glass you might leave unprotected doesn't matter as it's not even close to the actual viewable screen.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Cutting the screen protector does work, but unless you use a paper cutter or something that precise, it will look terrible (IMO). I have done it before and it bugged the heck out of me.

I like the idea of sanding the case better, but be careful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.