Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
i use ichat and its great. i love it. but lately i haven't been able to direct connect right. to some people i could send pictures fine, but some i can't. like, i'd be talking to my friend and he'd send me a picture, but my picture won't go through. i tried to send to another friend and it worked. its very sporadic. yesterday i was able to send a picture to the same friend i couldn't today. very odd. the worst thing is, i can't even figure out what the error is, when unable to send a picture, it says: undefined error has occurred, unable to connect to buddy.

help?

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
stoid said:
Are all of your buddies using iChat? I've noticed problems with direct connect when chatting with an Adium using buddy.

only 1 buddy i know uses ichat, and she's not the one i'm having problems with. I don't know any with adium. a min ago, i sent a buddy a picture, but couldn't send a picture to the other buddy. i'm guessing it only occurs with this particular buddy. it has happened a lot recently. the weird thing is, he still could send me pics, and i sent him one yesterday... its like random.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
stoid said:
I've also found that besides client compatibility, if either of you is on a college campus or at an office that has to go through one or more LAN routers, sthat can cause problems with directly connecting.

ok, i don't know what's wrong with this thing.. we're not on college campus, and i just went on aim and connected, he could still send me pictures, and i cant send him any. weird. i'm lost. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.