PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Pro Scanner?

eclipse525
Dec 13, 2004, 12:40 PM
Does anyone recommend any REAL GOOD and INEXPENSIVE scanners for print work? Most of the stuff i do is print with very little web so good scans are important.

OR

A site that has great reviews on all sorts of scanners. (I've already been to Cnet.com)

Thanks a bunch!

~e

pncc
Dec 13, 2004, 01:06 PM
Does anyone recommend any REAL GOOD and INEXPENSIVE scanners for print work? Most of the stuff i do is print with very little web so good scans are important.
~e

Real good and inexpensive are usually mutually exclusive properties. Epson has good scanners. Look at Microtek also. Look for scanners with a high hardware resolution and optical density when comparing.

Makosuke
Dec 13, 2004, 05:35 PM
For the most part if you buy the most expensive Epson scanner you can afford, you're probably getting the most quality for your money.

Epson's scanners aren't as slick as some others (Canon's ultra-thin power-through-USB models; HP's arty floating scanner), and not as cheap as some others, but once you get off the bottom end they almost always have the best quality at the price point, and the more you spend, the better quality you get.

That's the conclusion I've come up with every time I spent a while researching scanners. I haven't looked in the last few months, but I doubt things have changed that much.

Peyote
Dec 13, 2004, 05:52 PM
Epson.

eclipse525
Dec 13, 2004, 08:09 PM
thanks for the input. I might go witht the Epson Perfection 4870 Photo. Seems like a good one.

~e