Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Our sister site AppShopper.com launched its official AppShopper app this morning. AppShopper is an app-tracking website that provides a running list of all the latest changes in the App Store. This includes finding new apps, updates and price changes. A variety of filters can also be used to pinpoint specific interests, such as popular iPhone games that are now free. Apps can also be added to personal "Wish Lists" to closely track app sales, price drops and updates.

094430-037496-1.jpg

The new Universal App offers a native AppShopper interface for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch owners. It's now available as a free download. [iTunes link]

Article Link: Official AppShopper App Now Available

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Love the website, I'm sure I will love the app. But I'll never give you a referral click for apps.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Love the website, I'm sure I will love the app. But I'll never give you a referral click for apps.

"I totally love your website and the free service it provides me, but if it actually does show me an app I might like, I am not going to click your link to the app and help the site earn money... so it can continue to operate and provide me with the free service I have been enjoying."

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Don't you think the site owner(s) should be paid for their work or do you have that nasty sense of entitlement thing that's rampant lately?

Stay classy. :rolleyes:

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
"I totally love your website and the free service it provides me, but if it actually does show me an app I might like, I am not going to click your link to the app and help the site earn money... so it can continue to operate and provide me with the free service I have been enjoying."

Well Arn owns both Macrumors and Appshopper so the referral credit is kind of pointless.

iDarbert

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
I've been looking for a replacement to BargainBin for a long time, so this is awesome :D

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Come on Arn, approve the MR app too so we can use the forums via app. MR has been up much longer and AppShopper was launched when the first talks of MR app begun!

Ashyukun

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Definitely cool to see an app for AppShopper, and it's very slickly designed and implemented.

I'm miffed though that the ability that was added to the website a ways back- filtering out particular categories- appears to be missing from the app (unless I'm just completely blind...). You can view JUST certain categories, but if you say want to browse through all the new releases but don't want to see any apps from the Book and Travel categories, there isn't a way to do it.

Still an excellent app, and one we're pretty much certain to highlight if not put as one of the Apps of the Week- but I definitely hope this functionality will be added in with an update down the line.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This is great but where's the MacRumors iPhone / iPad app?? :confused:

Someone's been working on one, but who knows if it will ever see the light of day: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/558210/

But it's completely acceptable if users turn on all kind of ad blockers and no scripts on Macrumors, right? Talking about double standards...

Who said that?

You see that little title under his name? Yeah, that means he's contributed money towards the site.

bruckg

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Since some people mentioned the lack of a MacRumors iPhone app:

Screen%20shot%202010-09-07%20at%204.39.11%20PM.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

That's the MacRumors app I've been working on recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.