PDA

View Full Version : Airport Card's plastic tab is broken off, how do I get the card out of my Powerbook?

Johnny7
Sep 7, 2010, 10:05 PM
Yes, another powerbook question :rolleyes:. Anyway, I was thinking about upgrading the airport card in my powerbook to extreme, so I pulled out the battery and flipped the latch to find that the plastic tab to pull it out is missing :(. I sense a pain to get it out now, I haven't tried, though. Any tips on how to get the card out of its compartment without bending the aluminum etc :eek:? Also, there is a tiny nip in the little cable that plugs into the back of the card, I can't tell how bad it is, the wifi works but doesn't that cable connect the card to the antennas on the top of the lcd on the system or worse.. to the logic board? I can post pictures if you would like.

Thanks!

OrangeSVTguy
Sep 8, 2010, 10:30 PM
The Aluminum Powerbooks already have Airport Extreme built in(if installed). There's no upgrading it to Extreme if it's only the original Airport card.

If you need to remove it, pulling it out by the antenna cable would work if you used needle nose pliers. Just be careful :) You can then always make a pull tab with tape once you remove it.

Johnny7
Sep 9, 2010, 04:57 PM
Ah yes, just realized that I already had extreme :p. Thanks for the help! I'll have to remember this for future reference.

-Johnny