PDA

View Full Version : New Apple iPad case (sort of)

cube
Sep 8, 2010, 08:03 AM
There's a new version of the Apple iPad Case? What changed?

NebulaClash
Sep 8, 2010, 08:11 AM
I see no new case on the Apple site. What are you seeing that makes you think there's a new case from Apple?

tallyho
Sep 8, 2010, 10:02 AM
There's a new version of the Apple iPad Case? What changed?

Really?

Milfin
Sep 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
Availablity ??? :D

cube
Sep 8, 2010, 11:14 AM
MC361ZM/A: comes without microfiber cloth
MC361ZM/B: comes with microfiber cloth

bcaslis
Sep 8, 2010, 04:43 PM
MC361ZM/A: comes without microfiber cloth
MC361ZM/B: comes with microfiber cloth

Where do see this? I don't see anything different on the Apple store website.

mechanopony
Sep 8, 2010, 04:51 PM
Where do see this? I don't see anything different on the Apple store website.

I don't see it either. Wonder if there will be a price difference between the two, with microfiber or without. Probably won't be though. :-/

Built
Sep 8, 2010, 05:41 PM
I don't see it either. Wonder if there will be a price difference between the two, with microfiber or without. Probably won't be though. :-/

Yeah...I can buy great quality LARGE microfiber cloths from Frys for 5 bucks for a package of 5....which means that Apple will charge at least 10 bucks extra for the one with the microfiber cloth included!

USGIshimura
Sep 8, 2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah...I can buy great quality LARGE microfiber cloths from Frys for 5 bucks for a package of 5....which means that Apple will charge at least 10 bucks extra for the one with the microfiber cloth included!
Oh shut up.

TraceyS/FL
Sep 8, 2010, 08:02 PM

Hmmm, I don't have a frys here in FL either! food and frys....

I really need to clean my screen though, I wonder where my kids took my cloth that came with my 2nd gen touch??

LinkMx
Sep 8, 2010, 09:12 PM
I noticed that, I just bought a case last week here in Mexico and it came with a big cleaning cloth, like the one that came with my iPod touch 1G but the size of the case.

Tobster3
Sep 8, 2010, 10:02 PM
Oh shut up.

And the point of this was????

Built
Sep 9, 2010, 10:23 AM
And the point of this was????

His meds must have worn off. :D

cube
Sep 9, 2010, 11:31 AM

It's an automatic product replacement. It costs the same.

drenline
Sep 9, 2010, 11:35 AM
Is there a link or article discussing the new apple case?

cube
Sep 9, 2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think the case itself is new. It looks like they just added the piece of cloth.

bcaslis
Sep 9, 2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think the case itself is new. It looks like they just added the piece of cloth.

You need to provide some sort of proof for this claim. Here's the Apple Store website list of the case:

Here are the features of the iPad Case:

Soft microfiber interior
Reinforced panels for structure
Lightweight enough to carry anywhere
Folds horizontally or vertically to hold iPad at an angle for viewing video or typing on the onscreen keyboard
Holes for headphone jack, dock connector port, and on/off and volume buttons

I don't see anything different.

cube
Sep 9, 2010, 12:17 PM
google both part numbers together

bcaslis
Sep 9, 2010, 12:30 PM
google both part numbers together

Since you removed the part number kinda hard. Not particularly interested since if it's not in the description from Apple themselves then I kind of doubt there is any change.

LinkMx
Sep 9, 2010, 02:10 PM
Since you removed the part number kinda hard. Not particularly interested since if it's not in the description from Apple themselves then I kind of doubt there is any change.

Why are you being just a jerk?, like I said I bought the "new" case last week and it does come with a cleaning cloth, also I just checked the box and it has the new model number (MC361ZM/B)

bcaslis
Sep 9, 2010, 04:30 PM
Why are you being just a jerk?, like I said I bought the "new" case last week and it does come with a cleaning cloth, also I just checked the box and it has the new model number (MC361ZM/B)

I wasn't intending to be a jerk, just very skeptical. I didn't realize your post indicated that you had bought one. Seems strange that they would change it but not update the description on the Apple website. There's no change other than the cloth?

cube
Sep 10, 2010, 02:24 PM

I didn't remove anything. If you had read the thread, you would have seen the two part numbers.

bcaslis
Sep 11, 2010, 11:02 AM
I didn't remove anything. If you had read the thread, you would have seen the two part numbers.

You're right. I thought the parts numbers were in the first post but they weren't. Sorry about that.

Built
Sep 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
Big deal.

So now they give you a cheap microfiber cloth to go with Apple's flawed case. There are so many other much better options out there...and you can get a STACK of higher-quality cleaning cloths for next to nothing elsewhere.

I have the Apple case...in addition to the Yoobao Magic; the Chinao; the Yoobao slim and the Cyber Acoustic case...and, by far, the Apple case is my least favorite, for the same reasons as have been discussed on this forum.

...but to each his own...

Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2011, 09:40 AM
Bumping an old thread.

Is the cloth for wiping the iPad screen (safe?), or is it for cleaning the case?

Don't want to spend $8 on a ShaggyMac cloth if this works fine for the screen.