Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwarnecke11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
I was taken aback when I saw that they had a ton of them in stock. I asked about cases and the dull-witted salesman said it should be the same case as the old touch. I mentioned the cameras, he pointed to the front FaceTime camera and said "a camera on the front". Whatever, I gave up.

I'll post my impressions here very soon, I just wanted to get my foot in the door.

dwarnecke11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
2l8aekw.jpg

The screen definitely doesn't have contrast and viewing angle of the iPhone 4; it doesn't have the "blow you away" factor. The resolution is incredible. Oddly, if you look at the screen from the extreme right bottom corner near horizontal, the viewing angle is very, very good and there is no color inversion. You can fake an iPhone 4 shot like this.

MarineUAV3K

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
GA
For those who chose store pick-up...

I figure I'd go ahead and post this here since inevitably someone who pre-ordered or put in for store pick-up might ask...

For those of you who chose store pick-up and have found that the iPod touch is not available yet at the store you initially requested. I suggest looking online at the availability of the new iPod touch at different stores in the area. I found out by calling Best Buy that you are able to change store pick-up locations so that if one store does not have it in stock you can simply request it at another. I was able to do this and nabbed one of the last six iPod touch (64 GB) at an alternate store. Hope this helps.

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
I got excited when the BB website said the 4G iPod Touch was available at my local Best Buy. I called the store and they said they are NOT in the store yet. I guess I will try tomorrow.

dwarnecke11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
This thing totally sucked me in - I didn't put it down for 3 hours! I had to create a second account with FaceTime, it seems to work now. Apps are fast and the screen is beautiful unless you're viewing it at odd angles. The still image quality is pretty bad, but videos are gorgeous.

Bleak

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
I was taken aback when I saw that they had a ton of them in stock. I asked about cases and the dull-witted salesman said it should be the same case as the old touch. I mentioned the cameras, he pointed to the front FaceTime camera and said "a camera on the front". Whatever, I gave up.

I'll post my impressions here very soon, I just wanted to get my foot in the door.
I hate you :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.