PDA

View Full Version : My new 64GB iPod Touch is unreal !

joe1946
Sep 8, 2010, 12:37 PM
I just picked it up from my local Apple store and viewed some of my videos on youtube and they look just like they do on my 1080p HDTVs ! The new Retina display is PERFECT !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIWvoWR5GA

fel10
Sep 8, 2010, 12:40 PM
That's awesome. Have u tried taking some pics or videos yet???

I can't wait to get mine tonight.

M-5
Sep 8, 2010, 12:44 PM
Your YouTube video isn't going to be able to demonstrate how the videos look to you on your retina display to us.

joe1946
Sep 8, 2010, 01:49 PM
Here is a better video with it closer to my camcorder viewing another of my youtube videos. View in 1080p mode if you have a large monitor and fast computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-15JrsOApRw

R94N
Sep 8, 2010, 01:51 PM
Glad you are enjoying your new Touch :)

CarlsonCustoms
Sep 8, 2010, 01:55 PM
Yep, I'm loving my 32gb version also.. I don't see a HUGE difference in teh retina display but its nicer.

I keep trying to lock it by pushing the left side but they put the lock button to the right on this version..

old habits..

joe1946
Sep 8, 2010, 02:15 PM
When I was at my Apple store at 9am the manager told me he only had the 8GB and 32GB but told me he would have the 64GB in about an hour so I came back at 10:30 and picked it up.

mac88
Sep 8, 2010, 03:18 PM
Enjoy your purchase! :)

samven582
Sep 8, 2010, 03:41 PM
Its a great display but the viewing angles are terrible.

Bleak
Sep 8, 2010, 03:49 PM
Its a great display but the viewing angles are terrible.
Who freaking gives a ****? I've seen alot of complaints about this, and it's getting really stupid. I checked out an iPhone 4 today and played with it and said "holy ****." Not because I could put it on the table, stand far away and still see what it says, but because you can see all the text on a website while zoomed out completely. If it has THAT feature of the iphone 4, I could care less about whether the display is IPS or whatnot.

On that note, can you read the text on the ipod 4 while zoomed out? (best example would be the New York Times site (since that's what I checked out :D).

ouimetnick
Sep 8, 2010, 04:32 PM
There is so such thing as a Retina display. Its a marketing trick by Apple. By Apple's logic, their competitors also sell retina displays with their phones.

joe1946
Sep 8, 2010, 04:41 PM
My videos on youtube look exactly the same on both the iPod Touch 4 or iPhone 4 Retina displays.

GoodBoy
Sep 8, 2010, 05:04 PM
You're trying to prove TN matrix has the same quality as IPS. You really don't get it do you? Show me your iPod touch side by side with the iPhone 4, both connected to charger, and we'll talk about your "perfect amazing super duper iPod screen"....

fertilized-egg
Sep 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
You're trying to prove TN matrix has the same quality as IPS. You really don't get it do you? Show me your iPod touch side by side with the iPhone 4, both connected to charger, and we'll talk about your "perfect amazing super duper iPod screen"....

Umm...pretty much every review, even the engadget one, notes how nice the screen is. I suppose they are all "retard" as you put it? Again, you're trying to make an assertion that because it's not IPS it cannot be "good," but that's simply false. It might not be "as good as" the iPhone 4 screen, but it can still be impressive you know. I'm puzzled as to why are you so hell bent on proving people wrong when pretty much every reviewer and the people who handled the device say the screen is great. :confused:

tech324
Sep 8, 2010, 05:11 PM

Wow did Apple see this coming? Ipod Touch 4 users vs Iphone 4 users. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. :)

bmw3wags
Sep 8, 2010, 05:16 PM
GoodBoy you need to calm down, just because it's not as good as the Iphone 4 doesn't mean its bad its way better then last gen and way better then most other comparable devices so just put it to rest and grown up.

MicroByte
Sep 8, 2010, 05:19 PM
So let's say both iDevices are like Ferrari's, but one has an engine that isn't quite as powerful as the other, does that mean it sucks?

Bleak
Sep 8, 2010, 05:22 PM
So let's say both iDevices are like Ferrari's, but one has an engine that isn't quite as powerful as the other, does that mean it sucks?
Imagine that both the iDevices are like Ferrari's, the $120,000 version is almost as good as the $200,000 version, but lacks some minor features. CUSTOMERS ARE APPALLED THAT THEY AREN'T EXACTLY THE SAME!

GoodBoy
Sep 8, 2010, 05:34 PM
Umm...pretty much every review, even the engadget one, notes how nice the screen is. I suppose they are all "retard" as you put it? Again, you're trying to make an assertion that because it's not IPS it cannot be "good," but that's simply false. It might not be "as good as" the iPhone 4 screen, but it can still be impressive you know. I'm puzzled as to why are you so hell bent on proving people wrong when pretty much every reviewer and the people who handled the device say the screen is great. :confused:
I'm not saying it's crap for TN type of panel. It's just crap compared to any better LCD technology. This is not my imagination, it's the nature of screen technologies, so you really don't fight with me, but rather try to prove something that simply cannot be. Mr joe1946 thinks TN is equaly good as iPhone 4, and my response was regarding his statement, which is an obvious either lie or the lack of knowledge about differences in many types of LCD panels.

fertilized-egg
Sep 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
... Mr joe1946 thinks TN is equaly good as iPhone 4, and my response was reagarding his statement, which is an obvious either lie or the lack of knowledge about differences in many types of LCD panels.

And to joe1946, it could very well be. If both screens have the similar gamut, color responses and tone curve with the same GUI displayed, they very well could look pretty much identical to lay people's eyes. You are ignoring that not everybody cares so much about the black level. People are much more receptive towards the brightness and color casts, and the screens are close enough in those departments.

I understand that you, as an internet-forum-dwelling-geek(as I am too) demand a better technology from a product, but you're just being rude by asserting your standard is the only one.

pimpp
Sep 8, 2010, 05:46 PM
i went to go and but an ipod touch 8 gb from apple and this is the best ipod tat i have ever had idk wat else they could possibly do to make it better:)

Russiaone
Sep 8, 2010, 06:48 PM
I take my comments back. These topics always seem to devolve into juvenile back and forth...

brewno
Sep 8, 2010, 06:57 PM
People are getting more and more agressive. What's up with the name calling on this thread? You know, I don't doubt if they were teens. :rolleyes:

Beric
Sep 8, 2010, 07:01 PM
People are getting more and more agressive. What's up with the name calling on this thread? You know, I don't doubt if they were teens. :rolleyes:

Seeing as that's the main market demographic for this device, it's not surprising.

tablo13
Sep 8, 2010, 07:12 PM
Here is a better video with it closer to my camcorder viewing another of my youtube videos. View in 1080p mode if you have a large monitor and fast computer.

I see the error with "a group of highly-trained monkeys have been enpatched" :confused:

vanzantapple
Sep 8, 2010, 07:34 PM
Nice!

Happy New iPod Day!

KameronBriggs
Sep 10, 2010, 12:21 AM
Will you post a video of the camera quality? Using both front and rear cams? I've been trying to find a video on youtube of it, and can't find one...thank you!

bradford88
Sep 10, 2010, 02:23 AM

Meh I pay less to drive my SUV then to pay for some AT&T ******** iphone plan. not worth it to be able to see it at an oblique angle that nobody cares to look at it from.

AT&T For The Lose

ChefJayPeek
Sep 10, 2010, 02:46 AM
Meh I pay less to drive my SUV then to pay for some AT&T ******** iphone plan. not worth it to be able to see it at an oblique angle that nobody cares to look at it from.

AT&T For The Lose

Nice troll bradford88... you really put less than 10 gallons of gas into your SUV per month? Yea, I know I'm feeding a troll, but really, bad argument.

Get a life, quit trolling, enjoy your whatever phone and your SUV and you will be much happier...

Chef Jay

AnodizedFish
Sep 10, 2010, 03:45 AM
Can't get enough of these car analogies... :p