PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you have a old version of a apple product and it breaksdown?

newmacuser23
Sep 8, 2010, 12:51 PM
I have the previous version of the Apple TV I have not bought Applecare for it yet and now I don't know if I should because my version of the Apple TV is no longer sold so if my Apple tv was under applecare and broke down would Apple replace it with a old model or one of the new ones?

I don't like the new one as here in the UK it is next to useless so if Apple replaces faulty discontinued products with new ones I would rather leave it and when it gives up the ghost get myself a mac mini instead.

Apple-Man23
Sep 8, 2010, 01:14 PM
They will replace it with the old model. Whenever something breaks and is covered by applecare it is replaced with the exact same thing.

rorschach
Sep 8, 2010, 01:15 PM
They'll have plenty of them for a while.

'Course, a few years back I had the first TiBook released (400Mhz) and after sending it in for repair 8 times they upgraded me to an 800Mhz one with a bigger HD, more RAM and a SuperDrive. So I always hope that'll happen again whenever I need to go to the Genius Bar. ;)

roidy
Sep 8, 2010, 01:18 PM
Assuming your old ATV is still under warrenty then Apple will repair it or replace it with a refurbished unit of the same model as your old one.