PDA

View Full Version : something to get Apples attention concering the iPod

beatle888
Dec 14, 2004, 04:24 AM
http://www.marketwatch.com/tvradio/playerFull.asp?media=0&band=0&guid=%7BC2F4F51C-488E-40FF-9982-38CA22EC8E10%7D&siteid=yhoo

this makes me sorta nervous.

mac4drew
Dec 14, 2004, 05:09 AM
Don't listen to anything John Dvorak says, he's been an anti-Mac and anti-Apple pundit for years now, so him spouting up about iPod competition is nothing new. Every year the story with him is a new way that Apple is going to be driven out of business, just do a Google for "John Dvorak" Apple, and you'll see what I mean.

Plus, there's no competition for the iPod. It's already got the market cornered, it doesn't matter if other products have more features or cost less, people will pay more for the iPod name because they know it means quality. Don't ever listen to John Dvorak, he's just going to keep shorting Apple until he's right some day. But that day's not coming any time soon.

Mord
Dec 14, 2004, 05:55 AM
it's not actually legal to put films and programs onto those players and it's only 20GB it's ugly and is a pain to put stuff onto it, most of the time it plain dose not work, wither half of ti is off the screen or it's in the wrong proportions, one of my friends has one, and he's returning it to get a 20GB ipod.

Makosuke
Dec 14, 2004, 07:47 AM
Apple may or may not have some real iPod challengers shaping up in the latest crop of portables (though frankly, I'm leaning toward not), but if John Dvorak says it's so, I'd be inclined to believe the exact opposite.

I'm sure the guy writes about other stuff, but he comes out with Apple-bashing commentary that is almost uniformly wrong on a regular basis. Not that everything Apple has done has been a success, but so far as I know Dvorak has failed to correctly pick any of the actual failures, preferring, apparently, to simply spout doom and gloom about successful products and strategies.