Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
D

davrouk

Original poster
Does anyone know of a device which would allow me to connect video devices to my iMac G4 17" via a SCART connection. I have recently broken my TV set and am looking to use the iMac screen as a replacement.

I would want to connect my Sky+ box to the mac somehow, but the only devices I can find use rf coax cable (not the best solution) and I would really want to use SCART and the device to fill the entire widescreen ratio of the iMac.

Can anyone out there make a recomendation?

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Have a look at the Elgato EyeTV range, some of them have the ability to convert analog A/V signals to FireWire "on the fly", you could get a componant/SCART plug and go A/V into your Mac from there.

Mind, they all have tuners in them anyway, so you could just throw the TV away and use the iMac exclusively with the Sky box.

D

davrouk

Original poster
cheers for that

i would go for that, but am really looking for something with RGB SCART. component cables out of a Sky box do not give particularly good video quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.