PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook 190 Ethernet Card Options

jMc
Dec 14, 2004, 10:21 AM
Hi All

I've recently taken possession of an old Powerbook 190 (the one with the greyscale screen) with standard configuration except for maxed out ram running 7.5.x. Does anyone have any recommendations for a PCMCIA Ethernet card that will work with this machine? And will I need specific drivers/software?

Any other interesting ideas of what to do to make this notebook interestingly usable also much appreciated.

jMc

cluthz
Dec 14, 2004, 11:49 AM
Hi All

I've recently taken possession of an old Powerbook 190 (the one with the greyscale screen) with standard configuration except for maxed out ram running 7.5.x. Does anyone have any recommendations for a PCMCIA Ethernet card that will work with this machine? And will I need specific drivers/software?

Any other interesting ideas of what to do to make this notebook interestingly usable also much appreciated.

jMc

You are aware that this machine is 10 years old? It won't be much fun using it for surfing.. Don't spend much money on it..

For more info on the Powerbook 190 I would check out www.lowendmac.com

jMc
Dec 14, 2004, 11:55 AM
You are aware that this machine is 10 years old? It won't be much fun using it for surfing.. Don't spend much money on it..

Yep, well aware - just thought I could have some fun with an old Mac and a cheap network card (I have a shiny newish PB for serious work)... My main problem appears to be finding drivers for OS7.

Ta
jMc