Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well I dropped my iPhone 4 for the first time like 10 mins ago but thankfully I had Wrapsol Ultra on and it was only a 3ft drop but when you work all summer mowing yards for this phone you are very thankful. There is no scratches or dents or anything.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
That's great, but I still do not get how such a thin film can actually protect the phone after a drop...

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Probably was dropped on the grass since they mentioned mowing lawns. A thin film would never protect the phone from a 3ft drop on concrete sidewalks. it would minimize the damage slightly but probably on the screen but not the sides.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
pocketdoc said:
That's great, but I still do not get how such a thin film can actually protect the phone after a drop...

It can't , that's why this thread is funny :D

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Good to hear it survived, despite the fact that this reeks of a maketing ploy ;)
oh im srry, i was just really excited and wanted to share that you could get it. but i may just edit the part out your talking bout

Probably was dropped on the grass since they mentioned mowing lawns. A thin film would never protect the phone from a 3ft drop on concrete sidewalks. it would minimize the damage slightly but probably on the screen but not the sides.

I dropped it while cleaning it in my kitchen, it fell onto hard wood flooring

It can't , that's why this thread is funny :D

its the wrapsol ultra so its actually a thick film and well it did indeed drop and survive soo...

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Those films are only going to protect your device from scratches. They have no shock protection, so your device might looks nice and pretty on the outside, but the glass might crack or the device can get damaged internally since none of the force may be absorbed by a real case.

I actually just had a dream last night that my iPhone screen was shattered. I was pretty devastated. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.