Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terinjokes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Hey guys, I'm having problems logging into FaceTime, when I click sign in, I get an error "The user name or password for 'fname lname' was incorect. Try again."

I know both are correct, I typed both in 5 times to get it all working (1 in iTunes, twice to download Books from the App Store + Agree to new ToS, once to log into Game Center. I've used this ID for years without any problems before.

Is anyone else having issues logging into FaceTime?

Torresangel88

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

you have to change your username to an email that's what I did or try to put ur email in and password it worked for me

terinjokes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

you have to change your username to an email that's what I did or try to put ur email in and password it worked for me

Then it should say "Apple IDs that happen to also be emails", or maybe tell me I have an obsolete Apple ID, and that it needs to be updated. Not tell me that I'm typing something in wrong.

Torresangel88

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009

yea apple should fix this I looked it up on apples discussion page and that's the answer I got

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.