PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Redesign

barkmonster
Aug 23, 2002, 02:09 PM
The "New" buttons arn't aqua anymore and the general design is cleaner now, they're using Gil Sans or Myriad instead of apple garamond for the typeface now aswell.

I like the new style myself. The photo's are smaller aswell, it's got more white space too, They must have a new webdesigner or something.

King Cobra
Aug 23, 2002, 02:12 PM
This font was brought up a while back with the Xserve. I think the 17 inch iMac also has that font on it.

I really think this design would be helpful for people using 800x600 resolution and appreciate something modern, instead of the elegant and old-fashioned Times-like font. :p

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 02:19 PM
Although its a bit nicer than it was - there was an article a while back about a internal effort to spruce up marketing and web design. This still seems a little too flat for me, it needs some more life, interaction. There isn't much, and Apple has plenty of offer. And why don't they use flash? Elegant use of flash can be absolutely awesome.

Ah well. Maybe they're going to come up with something exciting for the new machines.....

D