Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanisr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Hey,

I'm willing to purchase through Apple's online store a brand new ipod nano 6th gen, 16GB. Now, there's a problem with this whole process- i can't see the product before i purchase it.
Due to the fact i'm a girly girl who the color means a lot to her, I looked a little bit over Youtube and saw some unboxing, but every unboxing video presented the colors a little bit differently. Probably because of the lightning.

Anyway.
My question is for those who went to Apple Store and saw the models!
Are the colors "metalic"? or as smooth as in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBWWp8tZVQ

Thanks!!
Scarlet

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Having seen them in store yesterday that video is not a good representation of how they look in person. They are more metallic than that. I liked their looks a lot. The colors were more vibrant than pictures on Apple website led me to expect.

Shanisr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Having seen them in store yesterday tat video is not a good representation of how te look in person. They are more metallic than that. I liked their looks a lot.

Thank you for your response, your answer was as i expected it would be.
How was the orange? Goldish maybe? and the pink? too pinky?
sorry for those dum questions :)

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
My wife has a 2nd gen. Red. I'll either be getting her the new Red or the Green. That green is one of her favorite colors and it looks awesome. I saw it at the store. I would recommend one of those, and like I said the green looks fantastic.

Shanisr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Hmmmz, I'm a boyzy boy, but I'm tempted by the pink nano. 'Cept my 5 and 3 year old daughters would fight me over it. :(

Is there a chance you would picture the nano for me? :p

Thanks everyone, I will consider the green too!

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
My wife has a 2nd gen. Red. I'll either be getting her the new Red or the Green. That green is one of her favorite colors and it looks awesome. I saw it at the store. I would recommend one of those, and like I said the green looks fantastic.

Honestly, blue is my favorite color but the nano's red is the best color they used on the nano this time. Because the other ones are all muted and light. The red is a nice vibrant but dark red, it really looks nice.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Apparently the most difficult color to get and most asked for is the Graphite. It actually has a sweet purple metallic tone in some light, but it is a nice dark gunmetal with that slight purple sheen.

Shanisr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Are you unable to visit an Apple store on your own to make your own determination? That may be a better idea than on relying on others' opinions as they may see things differently than you do.
Thanks for everyone's opinions,
I'm not able to visit an apple store due to the fact we dont have one in Israel. My mother's flying to new york next month so she will pick it up for me, so i need to decide which color is the best for me. (or she can decide, but im not really trust her to pick something cool :p)

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
My green one should be arriving today and I will take a picture if it does. I have a high end camera so the colors should come out just fine, and if they don't i will correct them to look how they look in real life.

I will be getting a pink one for my sister too so when it comes I will take a pic of it as well.

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
I'm generally of the mindset that I like my expensive devices to blend in, and bright colors don't exactly do that. I prefer my devices to be subdued - the less attention they attract, the less likely they are to be lifted. Call me paranoid, but I'm okay with that!

If you insist on getting something colorful, my personal preference is the blue. I'm generally a "girly girl" myself, but the pink is even too pink for me. The red looks nice also, but is a tad too bold for my preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.